Carrying In Church??

Carrying In Church??

This is a discussion on Carrying In Church?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Could someone please help me I live in ohio and my church has asked that a start Carrying my gun while at services. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying In Church??

Exclamation Carrying In Church??

Could someone please help me I live in ohio and my church has asked that a start Carrying my gun while at services. I have my ccw but my question is can someone tell me what is required to be in the letter that sates that i have been given permission to carry in the church by the pastor (the state of ohio requires this) Thanks!!

Administrator
    I Joe Pastor, Pastor of X Church 123 Main St, Small Town Ohio gives permission to SamPro45 to carry a concealed weapon inside X Church provided all other legal requirments have been filled by SamPro45.

Signed Joe Pastor
    X Church Pastor
    3/11/09

Now, Once you do start carrying, get some training and partners. You dont wont to end up being a fall guy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    YEP on what Sixto said and times 2 on the training and partner. 4 eyes or more are better than 2.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Get as many members as you can involved, the more, the better!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Several member at my church carry a notarized wallet size card that states. That the church allows me to carry a concealed weapon as long as I have a concealed license but that the church is not responsible for my actions. It has the signatures of the people that run the church including my pastor. I will send you the exact wording on a PM if you would like.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Plus 2 on the training and partners. Much better to have multiple sheep dogs protecting the flock than just one. Wolves travel in packs so should you. Like terrorists on a plane... gotta have sleepers. Probably wouldnt hurt to have somebody else who carries that nobody else knows about...just you and the pastor.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks Reborn! That would be great if you could send it to me.

Like said above get partners and make dang sure that anyone that knows you are carrying is smart enough that if something is happening they don't yell to you to "get your gun and do something" because then you are the immediate target. Just tell them that you will do what is needed and when its needed and they dont need to say ANYTHING.

If you have a larger church, or even a smaller one, make sure everybody who is going to be carrying knows who the others are, and preferably where they normally sit.

Nothing worse than a shooter coming in, and you not knowing who is on your side and who may be a second shooter.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

This may be a little off topic, if so feel free to delete or move this post but I'm curious what the Wa State laws are for church carry. I don't see anything in the laws forbidding it so is it safe to assume that its legal with no restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Samson1 View Post
    This may be a little off topic, if so feel free to delete or move this post but I'm curious what the Wa State laws are for church carry. I don't see anything in the laws forbidding it so is it safe to assume that its legal with no restrictions?
    Depends on the church (at least in Utah) and their policy. I have heard that your not allowed to carry in any LDS building I dont know about any other churches. While in Utah you can technically carry in any private building even if they have signs but if made they can ask you to leave and if you dont they can get you for trespassing, but I'm not about to break my churches policy I have way too many sins to make up for already

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I guess this is obvious but I'll say it anyway.

With partners, establish sitting places where you all can spread out. Some churches (here anyway) have anywhere from fifty to several thousnad members in attendance.

I admire your stance and position.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Samson1 View Post
    nothing illegal about it in washington....i would assume that church property is private property and therfore if the church posts, or you are asked not to by a pastor, or other church leader then you could get tresspassing, personally i carry to church, and the only person that knows it is me and the wife. same as any where else i go.

SamPro45. Good advice here so far. Also, look at churchsecuritymember-dot-com. They have a lot of good info for getting started on church security. Quite a bit is available on-site. More available if you join up (modest fee). Good place to start, even if just for general info. Good luck, and God bless.
    Steve

VIP Member
    If the church has asked you to start carrying, (unfortunately) there is another question to ask of the church.....liability. I would inquire with someone to see if they've thought of the 'what ifs' if something happens.

good for you and good for the church
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links