My Wife is almost there

This is a discussion on My Wife is almost there within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been checking the TX DPS site for my Wife's CHL application status and this is what it said just now: Application Completed - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wife is almost there

My Wife is almost there

I have been checking the TX DPS site for my Wife's CHL application status and this is what it said just now:

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
    What stinks but id great at the same time is she had her class on Dec. 20th and I didn't send in the paperwork until Jan sometime. We got a letter back stating she forgot to sign the last page and she still got her CHL 95% processed in about 90 days.

I'm jealous as mine took a very long time, but I am happy they are getting the processing ironed out to about the 90 days they have to do it in.

1 more week and she will be good to go. I may get her a pistol for our 14th anniversary and give it to her while we are in San Diego (unloaded of course ).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Only 8 more days for me!!!!
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

congrats.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

VIP Member
    I may get her a pistol for our 14th anniversary and give it to her while we are in San Diego
    You better, or she'll just take yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    1 more week and she will be good to go. I may get her a pistol for our 14th anniversary and give it to her while we are in San Diego (unloaded of course ).
    There have been many threads on gun fora about well meaning guys who picked out the "perfect" gun for their wife or girlfriend only to see it sitting in her dresser drawer instead of being carried.

If you want to get her something she's comfortable with and will carry and use regularly, involve her in the selection process. Just a word to the wise.

I agree about letting her choose her carry gun. Check out Cornered Cat for good articles on women and guns.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Congrats!
    The TX DPS received my packet on 3/9/09, but their website shows my status as "No application or license/certificate active." Guess I'll be waiting a while.

90 Days???

Hey, they told me it was supposed to be 60 days! I had my class Jan. 10, sent the forms Jan. 12 and got a letter back Feb. 5 saying it was in process. Since then, the status has been Processing Application. I called and they said it takes about 60 days from the date of the letter. That means it'll be April, if I'm lucky, or May if it goes 90 days. Is there some statutory limit on how long it can take them? Just askin'.

It's nice that you can check on your status.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoShooter View Post
    There have been many threads on gun fora about well meaning guys who picked out the "perfect" gun for their wife or girlfriend only to see it sitting in her dresser drawer instead of being carried.

If you want to get her something she's comfortable with and will carry and use regularly, involve her in the selection process. Just a word to the wise.
    We have already been gun shopping so I have her short list. We haven't bought her one yet as she was not CHL in hand and can't go to the range to practice as she is 4 months prego. Also she told me to go buy an AK before getting her gun, man I love her!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

It took 3 days here in OH. Went to Sheriff and handed in appl. He said come back in 3 days and pick it up....

Simple as can be.

F

Good for her. Today was day 90 for me but SC is a bit behind. I expect it anyday but no later than next wednesday.

You're a smart guy, let her do it her way...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Well, the Wife's CHL came in the mail today.

It's official, we are both packing. WOOHOO!

-Paco

Congrats to your wife!

Stay armed...as a couple...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats to your wife! And to you both for being an armed couple who can now back each other up! Enjoy it, it is a great feeling to have a wife who carries. Mine has for almost 20 years now!

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links