Had our annual comapny meeting yesterday, policy change. - Page 2

Had our annual comapny meeting yesterday, policy change.

This is a discussion on Had our annual comapny meeting yesterday, policy change. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LUV45ACP The company I work for has very strict policies about concealed carry. They went so far as to ban any weapons ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LUV45ACP View Post
    The company I work for has very strict policies about concealed carry. They went so far as to ban any weapons from the parking lot as well. The policy states that anyone with a gun in their vehicle, even if they have a CCW permit, would be subject to immediate termination. I politely brought it to their attention that they were in violation of Oklahoma law by doing so. Two years ago Oklahoma passed a law that said, in a nutshell, that companies would be in violation if punitive actions were taken against employees that were LAWFULLY in possession of a firearm in a vehicle parked on their property.

I was told that I didn't know what I was talking about and I again politely showed them the law as it was written. I then invited them to look in my vehicle. They just as politely declined and that is the last it has ever come up. Now all the folks in HR watch me like I am about to go off the deep end!They were already leery since I am former law enforcement. It just means I can get away with a lot more....
    Brought that same thing up as a consultant to a VERY large multi-national company. They said we will enforce it. Let em sue. We have plenty of lawyers.

my company revised our handbook it used to say no wepons allowed, now it says wepons are allowed if you have the legal right to have/ carry them.
    if something happens to someone with a ccw at work or school and they were not able to defend themselves they should turn around and sue, this is what it will take for the a-holes to wake up.
    I have told my wife if i get killed at school to take the school for all they have(college classes)
    http://www.concealedcampus.org/

Best wishes to ALL and your families
    KEEP 'EM SAFE

It's not company policy, but the head honcho asked me not to carry at work. My direct face to face answer"you would never know if I was carrying".
    He just gave me a deer in the headlights look, and walked away. I am a delivery driver, the longest I am in the building is 10 minutes. Several of my cutomers carry, what's the big deal. If you don't like it, fire me. That is how I feel. Our corporate bosses carry too. Oh well.

concealed is concealed, better fired than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    concealed is concealed, better fired than dead.
    Just repeat the police officers motto:

It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6...
    To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless.
    Lysander Spooner (1808 1887)

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic2506 View Post
    my company revised our handbook it used to say no wepons allowed, now it says wepons are allowed if you have the legal right to have/ carry them.
    if something happens to someone with a ccw at work or school and they were not able to defend themselves they should turn around and sue, this is what it will take for the a-holes to wake up.
    I have told my wife if i get killed at school to take the school for all they have(college classes)
    You agreed to the rules when you decided to work there as it was a condition of employment. You should not get anything as you knew the rules. So if something happens you knew that you would be without a firearm.

And your wife's attorney would still have to prove that if you had a firearm it would have changed the outcome of the encounter which is nigh impossible. However you still have to get over the fact that you agreed to the rules when you took the position, which will be hard.

If it is a private college they will simply say that you agreed to follow the rules when you enrolled.

The real way these things will change is at the rough end of a lawsuit.

If you are in a situation where you are disarmed by company policy and then an "incident" happens that potentially jeopardizes your life, SUE.

If you are in a situation that causes you injury, SUE.

If you are in a situation where others are put in danger, SUE.

If you are put in a situation where you are killed, have previously instructed your heirs to SUE.

Sue for damaged psyche, sue for nightmares, sue because you were forcibly disarmed, sue because of loss of constitutional rights.

But most importantly use any excuse to penalize those with this attitude just like the anti-gunners have done. And SUE for TONS of MONEY. Make it hurt. Make it hurt bad and get all the publicity you can to scare other liability concerned companies into re-evaluating their policies.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    If you get involved in a workplace shooting just make sure you save the boss' life.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    paramedic70002

If you get involved in a workplace shooting just make sure you save the boss' life.

Now You got it.

Workplace violence...

It's not my problem until it becomes my problem.

Fist fight, they will get tired eventually.

Someone pulls a weapon/utilizes a tool in a manner other than designed...hazy gray area.

I've carried every day since late '07.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    The real way these things will change is at the rough end of a lawsuit.
    Well... you are right in that lawsuits motivate companies to change. The problem with your position, is that lawsuits are what have motivated companies to change from no policy, to a no gun policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    If you are in a situation where you are disarmed by company policy and then an "incident" happens that potentially jeopardizes your life, SUE.

If you are in a situation that causes you injury, SUE.

If you are in a situation where others are put in danger, SUE.

If you are put in a situation where you are killed, have previously instructed your heirs to SUE.

Sue for damaged psyche, sue for nightmares, sue because you were forcibly disarmed, sue because of loss of constitutional rights.

But most importantly use any excuse to penalize those with this attitude just like the anti-gunners have done. And SUE for TONS of MONEY. Make it hurt. Make it hurt bad and get all the publicity you can to scare other liability concerned companies into re-evaluating their policies.
    That's how we got where we are now. Maybe instead of convincing judges and juries that we should be able to sue companies from both ends, we should vote for legal reform that would prevent companies from being required to provide safe workplaces to such an extent that they are somehow responsible for the actions of others.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links