IF you're a Glock type, here's some news...

This is a discussion on IF you're a Glock type, here's some news... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is almost like dangling candy in front of the baby. A friend of mine e-mailed me and said, "Trigger pull smoothness on the Glock:...However, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IF you're a Glock type, here's some news...

Senior Moderator

This is almost like dangling candy in front of the baby. A friend of mine e-mailed me and said,

"Trigger pull smoothness on the Glock:...However, if you can get your hands on a few trigger bar assemblies and try them out in your Glock you would be amazed. Even though they look alike each one is very slightly different in overall length or dimension. A former Glock employee taught me this trick...he had lots of parts so we would just keep switching them out until we got the trigger pull we wanted. And a dab of some really good grease on the end of the trig ger bar took care of the rest. (He also taught me how to do a real deal trigger job on the Glock...even though the factory says you shouldn't polish anything, and even, how to get a super crisp, no over-travel, 2 pound trigger. That was a little scary so I took it out.)"

I wouldn't be interested in a 2# pull, but the "super crisp, no over-travel" gets my attention.

Things like that just make me wonder why we haven't heard about this before now - with all the Glocks out there and all.

I've wondered why my G-19 has such a wonderful trigger and no matter what I do, my two G-17s just won't come up to the G-19 trigger action. Maybe I know why now????

Edited to add this thought:
    Maybe that also explains why we see varying results with "trigger jobs".

I've done a little looking around on the Forum, trying to find out a little more about the Ghost trigger parts set. What I've read about them on the web site that sells them sure sounds good, but I'd expect that.

The theory they post about why it would be a good idea makes sense to me, but I wish I had a better idea about how that works out in the "real world.'

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

I've had and installed 2, in a 19 and 27. IIRC, they are stainless, not plated steel, and so are smoother on the contact surfaces initially, and readily take a HIGH polish. The little tab that regulates the overtravel is critical- the orange armorers' back plate really is necessary! Essentially, you will file/grind the little tab down until it just barely allows the trigger transfer bar to drop, then you shave off a hair more, for positive clearance, in the real world. If you've already learned to take advantage of the fact that Glock triggers don't have to travle far to reset, this will really increase the speed of your doubles.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    I've done a little looking around on the Forum, trying to find out a little more about the Ghost trigger parts set. What I've read about them on the web site that sells them sure sounds good, but I'd expect that.

The theory they post about why it would be a good idea makes sense to me, but I wish I had a better idea about how that works out in the "real world.'

mm
    mm,
    I ordered the Ghost Rocket Kit (5# connector); it should be in today. When I get it installed I'll post my impressions. Although they'll probably be way to long as usual (my impressions that is).

At this point, I'm not sure it's gonna make a big difference in the feel part, but I am interested in the overtravel adjustment too.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I'll stick to 1911's thank you. My triggers are done by me, takes a couple of hrs. and cost zero. Plus I love doing it. ------- Sorry if I made you sell the G-Lock.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    I've had and installed 2, in a 19 and 27. IIRC, they are stainless, not plated steel, and so are smoother on the contact surfaces initially, and readily take a HIGH polish. The little tab that regulates the overtravel is critical- the orange armorers' back plate really is necessary! Essentially, you will file/grind the little tab down until it just barely allows the trigger transfer bar to drop, then you shave off a hair more, for positive clearance, in the real world. If you've already learned to take advantage of the fact that Glock triggers don't have to travle far to reset, this will really increase the speed of your doubles.
    Now I'm really looking forward to installing the Rocket. Sounds like it does make a difference.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    I'll stick to 1911's thank you. My triggers are done by me, takes a couple of hrs. and cost zero. Plus I love doing it. ------- Sorry if I made you sell the G-Lock.
    My five 1911 triggers have been done by me also as I built the guns. Then I went to Sigs and did trigger jobs on them, now Glocks.

Assistant Administrator
    I'd imagine that tenths of thou can make a difference in this type of mechanism - so the ''try a whole load'' idea makes some sense.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    If one wants a target gun with a target trigger is a Glock the real best choice?

Senior Moderator
    Dave Sevigny does pretty good in competition with Glocks. Ernst Langdon did some trigger work on his Sig 220ST and beat Rob Leatham with his highly customized 1911.

But it's not always about making a target gun. It's sometimes just about maximizing and personalizing equipment. That's me. I just like to see what can be done and what it takes.

I'll just sit back and wait for the test! This is not something I'll rush into. If it looks like its really worth it, I'll do it. If it does anything to reduce the reliability, then no way.

mm

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Military Combat guns

From what I have been told Glocks are really Military Combat guns.
    I know most all fullsized 1911s are also Military Combat guns.

So I guess making changes is just a common thing with both.

IMHO I just have a hard time thinking of the Glock as a target gun.

No, not looking for a "target" gun, military or othewise.

If a parts change really does deliver a somewhat shorter, smoother trigger-pull, without impacting reliability, then I'll take it.

mm

you can also put in a lone wolf adjustable overtravel stop the rocket connectors seem to be a love hate thing

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Now I'm really looking forward to installing the Rocket. Sounds like it does make a difference.
    Definitely TAKE YOUR TIME! If you don't get the "sweet spot", literally a fraction of a millimeter more than needed for reset, you won't notice any difference.

Bud is right, it's very much a love-hate thing, though my belief (just from my overall take on the negative posters'/gunshop guys) is that they weren't patient enough to do that "two drags on the stone, drop it back in, check, repeat, ad nauseum". Not much on a Glock requires ever-loving care- this is one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links