Almost gave myself away today @ WW

This is a discussion on Almost gave myself away today @ WW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Duh! Never thought about the cameras.bet they've seen me scratching my butt too.With all these Wally Walks I wonder how many CCW holders are in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost gave myself away today @ WW

Duh! Never thought about the cameras.bet they've seen me scratching my butt too.With all these Wally Walks I wonder how many CCW holders are in WW at any given time? WW must be one of the safest places in the world
    "If Your're Gonna Talk,Talk.If You're Gonna Shoot,Shoot"- Tuco Ramirez

2. Remove Ads

Yup, WW is the only place where I THINK I got made. While at checkout, and asked for my drivers license, instead of going up thru my cover to get it, I swiped my cover back with my hand to expose only for a flash of a moment, the gun. The guy next to me, about my age, just winked at me and grinned.
    I knew that all was well.

oooh, the wink and grin! Those are usually fun no matter what they mean!

As a newb to this forum, can someone give me a brief explanation as to how Wallyworld became the universal testing grounds for first time CCW? Searching yields hundreds of hit, I am aware that it is a popular proving ground, I was just wondering how it got started. Why not Sears, or Target, or the mall?

Quote Originally Posted by kg4ghn View Post
    I don't know about Walmart, but when I worked at Kroger in high school, nobody ever watched the cameras.
    Wal-Mart has more cameras then employees. They are the ultimate BIG BROTHER! You can bet that some one is watching, Some one saw, and they most likely shrugged it off.

As a matter of fact they are probably logged on to DC right now reading our posts!

"Without fear there can be no Courage!"

When it comes to legally carrying in a WAL-MART, their policy is to honor the policy of whatever state a particular store is in. i.e. If your state allows open carry, then it's OK w/W-M; concealed only, then you better have it concealed etc. IMHO, that's a totally reasonable approach.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    When it comes to legally carrying in a WAL-MART, their policy is to honor the policy of whatever state a particular store is in. i.e. If your state allows open carry, then it's OK w/W-M; concealed only, then you better have it concealed etc. IMHO, that's a totally reasonable approach.
    LOL, now that is funny. I bought a rifle in walley world. I was packing my loaded handgun at the time. For "safety" the manager had to walk my rifle in the box outside the frount door. WA is an open carry state.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Whats funny to me is that I never knew that WW was the Universal Proving Ground for CWP holders and yet that was the first place I carried after I got my permit.

It must be the nature of the beast.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links