Almost gave myself away today @ WW

This is a discussion on Almost gave myself away today @ WW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in WW today and now that it is warmer, I was only wearing shorts and an untucked polo shirt. I kept thinking my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was in WW today and now that it is warmer, I was only wearing shorts and an untucked polo shirt. I kept thinking my holster wasn't correct so when we were in the back of the store at the end of an isle and when no one else was around I pulled my shirt up slightly to check things out and then I look up and there is a manager walking by! We lock eyes and that was probably a good thing as I don't think he looked down and saw that I was carrying, or hopefully just thought it was a cell phone or leatherman, but boy during the whole rest of the trip I kept thinking any minute someone is going to come out of no where and ask for my license or ask me to leave. Oh well, another day for experience.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    I'm sure they're used to it by now. Heck, everyone on here has done the WW walk, so they're probably immune to the situation.

Be sure to note that 'minor malfunction' on your Wally World Trip Report...they'll probably let it go. Hopefully, you'll still get the certificate.

Stay armed...keep your shirt down...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've had my CWP for over six years and this was a first for me.... I think the malfunction is due to the increased interference from my love handles. ;)

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Yah the combat shelf can definatly interfere with concealment
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

They probably saw it on the cameras, so I'd say someone physically around you is the least of you worries :)

If they didn't ask you then, they probably won't ask you at all. There are no hiding places in Wally World... their surveillance is pretty formidable.

Unless your pants are about ready to fall down, quit fiddling with your rig.

Run your hand along the bottom edge of your shirt to make sure it isn't tucked under your gun butt and thus exposing it. But don't keep lifting your shirt up in public!

Trust us, no one is seeing your gun, but if you keep fiddling with it, they are going to.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Paranoia will destroy ya. Remember if you are in a public place it's the cameras that will catch you first.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Unless your pants are about ready to fall down, quit fiddling with your rig.

Run your hand along the bottom edge of your shirt to make sure it isn't tucked under your gun butt and thus exposing it. But don't keep lifting your shirt up in public!

Trust us, no one is seeing your gun, but if you keep fiddling with it, they are going to.
    That's the way to do it.

Bold is my emphasis.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Anytime I need to make an adjustment in public, I keep my shirt down. That way, if someone walks by or whatever, you just make it look like you are adjusting your pants...or at the very least being a goofy guy
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Oh well, ship happens! But if you're smart it only happens once. Next time you get the urge try using a stall in the bathroom or changing booth.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    He was probably more drawn to your pulled-up shirt, maybe thought he caught you in the middle of trying to stuff some merchandise down your pants.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    That is what bathrooms are for.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Never happened to me yet; however, if someone challenged me about whether I was wearing a gun, I think I'd say "Look, as a result of injury, I have to wear a cholostomy bag. (sp). I resent your making a big deal out of someone else's misfortune." If that didn't work.....and I'm almost sure it would, unless they'd actually seen the gun. I'd then say; "Sir, I'm not breaking any lawl, if you'll just bare with me a few minutes, I'll check out and be gone." If the person got huffy: I'd say "Fine, call the police, I've broken no laws." I would then either leave before they got there, or when they got there, I'd show them my permit, very politely, and when they asked me to leave or be charged with trespassing, I'd politely thank them for the professionalism and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Paranoia will destroy ya. Remember if you are in a public place it's the cameras that will catch you first.

I don't know about Walmart, but when I worked at Kroger in high school, nobody ever watched the cameras.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links