Any Utahns out there know?

This is a discussion on Any Utahns out there know? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of you know of a good continuing education type cc classes in the state? Been over ten years since I got permit and ...

Thread: Any Utahns out there know?

Any Utahns out there know?

Do any of you know of a good continuing education type cc classes in the state? Been over ten years since I got permit and it would be nice to take some refresher courses.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not sure if there are any refresher specific classes, but why not call some place offering CC classes and ask them. If that doesn't work out, sign up for a class and then tell the instructor why you are there. I am sure that there have been some changes in the legal aspect of CC and he will make sure that they are addressed to you. If not, ask. My renewal is due and I am signing up just because I think it is a good idea and I'll let them take my new picture. At the least, it might be good insurance and make you feel better.
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision. -- Unknown

I can't vouch for their advanced classes but I took the basic CFP class from Strategic Tactical Group and it was good - sensible and straightforward.

Depends on where you are. I know rangemasters in springville has several continuing education classes that are taught there at the range. I havent ever taken any so i cant say anything about quality of teacher or material...

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Check out these guys

The Fuzzy Bunnies - FBMG

or contact Basin Sports in Vernal. I would post a link for them but it is comming up as "Sherri the Cleaning Queen", so I don't think that is going to be helpful.

Either one offers classes or can direct you to someone in your area.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

In Pleasant Grove there's a company Home that offers NRA Personal Protection in the Home course. Maybe not the ideal training for CCW, but still good.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Links