Move to a Restrictive State

This is a discussion on Move to a Restrictive State within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would you consider moving to a state that had restrictive gun laws? Now that I'm move active into 2nd Amendment issues I'm not moving to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Move to a Restrictive State

Move to a Restrictive State

Would you consider moving to a state that had restrictive gun laws? Now that I'm move active into 2nd Amendment issues I'm not moving to any state with restrictive gun laws.
    Prior to getting my CCW permit I had been considering retiring to California. Now that I enjoy my carry permit and own a few more guns that's not an option for me. Now I have to consider the gun laws of any state I may consider relocating to as well. I don't want to have to part with my 2nd amendment rights. I'm originally from Rhode Island & I was considering retiring to somewhere in California till I got active with my gun rights.
    Now I have to seriously reconsider where I plan on living based upon the gun laws of the specific state.
    Would you consider moving to a state with highly restrictive gun law?
    As for me, heck no!!!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

2. Remove Ads

If I had to do it all over again.....NO!!! But for now this is what I have to deal with and just keep being proactive in my 2A rights. I am baffled every time I have to have the Judge "approve" my new handgun purchase.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

I don't blame you. As I said in my initial message, I'm from RI, a state with highly restrictive gun laws. As to retiring to CA now in about 15 years or so, NO WAY. I also have family in CT, but they also have somewhat restrictive gun laws.
    I never realized how much impact owning guns would impact my life.
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I never realized how much impact owning guns would impact my life.
    AMEN!! Its funny because I have lived with them my whole life.....but until I moved to NY I didn't realize it because of the restrictions I now live with and fight with a letter or 2 a week.

Anyway back on topic...sorry
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by SigNY View Post
    If I had to do it all over again.....NO!!! But for now this is what I have to deal with and just keep being proactive in my 2A rights. I am baffled every time I have to have the Judge "approve" my new handgun purchase.
    Isnt that something? Im in Dutchess County. I get angry when I open that letter and it says... "John Doe is hereby granted permission..."
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Isnt that something? Im in Dutchess County. I get angry when I open that letter and it says... "John Doe is hereby granted permission..."
    Too funny. I too live in Dutchess County. I was just at the Pistol Bureau waiting in line to REGISTER my new Snubby. I too get mad at that stupid letter!!

Pardon the "stupid" question, but on a scale of 1 to 10 is there an even remote chance of getting a CCW permit in NY as a resident? Again, pardon the dumb question!
    Glock 26

Pardon the "stupid" question, but on a scale of 1 to 10 is there an even remote chance of getting a CCW permit in NY as a resident? Again, pardon the dumb question!
    Depends on the County you live in. NYC forget it. In my county all they issue is full CCW permits. I didn't even have to take a class. And just so you understand...in NY we have to have a permit before we can even pick up a handgun in the local shop. In the county to my south you have to have an interview with the judge so you can explain why you need a full CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by SigNY View Post
    In the county to my south you have to have an interview with the judge so you can explain why you need a full CCW.
    You have to have an interview with a judge to explain that you want to protect yourself? Huh, that's something that I'd have a difficult time dealing with under the circumstances. Explaining to a judge the "concept" of a "bad guy" seems a little hard to accept if I were in your position. But I suppose if you get a judge on a good day you could get a full CCW permit.
    Glock 26

You have to have an interview with a judge to explain that you want to protect yourself? Huh, that's something that I'd have a difficult time dealing with under the circumstances.
    Yeah me too. I continue to write letters to let them know my distaste for all of this.

Once aware of the restrictions and the importance of 2A, life in a state like IL, CA, WI, NY, etc. would be extremely frustrating.
    Now, in my retired life, I would not even VISIT such places yet alone live in one.
    I understand that with the present economic situations, some here may not have much choice in their state of residence...how nasty that would be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Live in Wisconsin

Talk about restriictive, you can't even think about CCW without getting a dirty look. One of these days we will get rid of our corrupt Governor in Wisconsin and elect someone who cares about our constitutional rights.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

After waiting so long for Missouri to finally get on board and pass CCW, and now being able to exercise my right to defend myself, it would have to be one hell of a pay check for me to even consider moving to a restrictive State. A measly $5k-$10k more/yr. wouldn't cut it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

A few months ago I thought about taking a job in IL for about double what I make now...I'm still in Texas.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links