Multiple carry stop.

This is a discussion on Multiple carry stop. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thought, prompted by Jack raising the matter of a traffic stop, when carrying more than one gun. LE folks - what would be your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple carry stop.

Assistant Administrator

Multiple carry stop.

Just thought, prompted by Jack raising the matter of a traffic stop, when carrying more than one gun.

LE folks - what would be your take? Not likely too often I guess but hey - several of us here have BUG's at times! Made me stop and wonder!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not really worried about it, it's common knowledge among TX LEOs that CCW permit holders are not restricted to a certain number of guns.

I hope i just plain don't get stopped especially on way to range or up north for a week ..

Gee officer no i don't have A gun in the Car i have about 20

VIP Member
    Goodness gracious, Bud, how do you clean that many at one time!?!?!?

After i go on vacation it take round a month i just make sure to wipe them all with silicone cloth and go from there.

I try to not take more than 3 guns to the range local now and basically don't clean um for quite awhile I'm using jacketed bullets and clean handloads so i get away with it

As I said in the other thread, I could care less about what an officer thinks of me carrying a perfectly legal firearm on my person. It's legal for me to do this, I have a CCW permit to prove it. If he doesn't know the CCW laws that's his problem.

He should know we are not the problem, nor are we the criminals. If one has a CCW permit we have a clean record and have done the background checks to prove that as well as being finger printed, etc, etc.

Didn't mean to rant, but I hate to feel like a criminal when I am not.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Assistant Administrator
    Ti - I am on your page

I wonder tho more perhaps about the occasional trooper who for whatever reason, is less than supportive of citizen CCW!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris,

This is when Joe citizen (me) educates the tropper that he dosen't have the right to choose what laws he likes or dislikes. The state of Missouri over rules him/her.

It's legal in the state of Missouri, he would need to get over it. There is nothing he can say to me about carrying or lecture me about having a BUG at all.

I would do this respectfully ofcourse.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Moderator
    I wonder tho more perhaps about the occasional trooper who for whatever reason, is less than supportive of citizen CCW!
    Dont really matter. Aint nothin he can do about it exept sulk...

I think many LEOs would be surprised to have a CCW tell them they had a BUG...since many do not carry a BUG themselves.

And remember, the vast majority of rank and file are on our side..treat them with respect and let them know what the law is if you get a cold reception from one of the few who do not favor CCW.

Yes, its up to us to educate these officers as well as the public. No need to EVER feel like a criminal because we are the good guys!

IAs I posted in the other thread...

<cut & pasted from there>

On the multiple weapon standpoint, I had to stop by the courthouse today, our local courthouse has gun safes for use by visitors , the metal detector & armed gaurds are right in front of the local police department question desk which is mained by an on duty LEO... well when i checked in I stated I had to disarm & use the gun vaults, The officers right down all items you place in their control, Well as I was disarming ( this took a few minutes) the officer @ the help desk came over & called another offecer over on his radio. Mind you I removed , I fullsize 1911, 1 Taurus PT140 , a 9mm Derringer,2 magazines for the 1911, 1 strider folder, 1 Hideaway knife, also a gerber multi tool. he was amazed at my arsenal & asked questions on my mode of concealment because he said that he would have never guessed I was armed when I walked in,As usual I was wearing cargo pants with a 5.11 shirt & a vest, The vest my wife modified with her sewing machine to house the mags, & the PT140 ( The vest is just a normal winter vest.) If the reaction I rewcieved from the LEOs at the courthouse where any indication I dont think multiple weapons are viewed any different then 1 weapon.

I did leave my ASP in the car.

I never really thought about what i carry because alot of it I just put on in the morning & have for so long that I reach for it without thinking.. plus having clothing that is adapted ( My wife sewed a pocket out of leather in the left front pocket of all my Cargo Pants for the derringer.) will make concealment much easier & less of a pain in the .ss
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Lead Moderator
    Don't think they much would care. Alot of officers carry BUG's too, so I think they understand the extra gun/gear idea.
    My friend and I were pulled over once on the way back from the range . Took a while for the officer to sort thru the gun cases, as we each had 4-5 guns each.

I've been pulled over with almost 30 guns in the back seat.

The dude didn't do more than check my ID to make sure I was the owner of the car (no insurance check) and send me quickly on my way.

I've also been stopped carrying two primaries and a backup when they responded to a 'suspicious person' call at the gun shop - when I was the only one working. The police dudes responding didn't know how to request weapons.

It's sad when you have to instruct them on how to safely remove firearms from your person.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Lets also remember that the LEO's have sworn an oath to uphold the law. Me carring 10 concealed weapons is within the law. He damn well better help me to uphold it. Also remember what they say to us also applies to LEO's. "Ignorance is NO excuse of the law." ------

I can state with total confidence that the vast majority of LEO folks that I have worked with over the last 20 + years believe in the right to bare arms. When I call in the tags during a traffic stop dispatch can and normally does tell me that the registered drive has a CCW so I already have "heads-up" per say. So, having said that if you are the registered driver and you tell me that you are packing it certainly does tell me that you are cognizant of the danger evolved in my profession and also believe in mutual respect which does not hurt you in the least during a traffic stop (wink,wink)! I have seen many fake ID's during my career that have been professionally done so even though you produce one does not require me to assume everything is legitimate, if I get a hinky feeling about the situation I will check out the facts! In reference to multiple weapons my particular area has more class III owners per capital the any other location on the east coast (per BATF) so I am not really surprised when I see a water cooled 30 caliber in someone’s SUV on a Saturday outing. We actually have a annual machine gun shoot at a local public range that brings out some rather cool stuff every year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links