What Do CPR and CCW have in common? - Page 2

What Do CPR and CCW have in common?

This is a discussion on What Do CPR and CCW have in common? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for sharing that, I'm certified First Aid/CPR too. Makes sense....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do CPR and CCW have in common?

New Mexico
    Thanks for sharing that, I'm certified First Aid/CPR too. Makes sense.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

SW Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    He made his bed, let him bleed in it.
    I'm first-aid/CPR certified but my feelings regarding the wellbeing of my attacker are excellently stated above.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Florida Panhandle
    Being a nurse, I'm certified in CPR and have participated in codes at the hospital where I worked. If the bad guy has tried to do me or mine harm and I prevailed, and he's on the ground in trouble, I think I'd just wait for the law to take over. I'd probably either be to shook-up to do him much good or to angry at him to care.

Derry, NH
    Scene safety is paramount. I am now and will forever be a CCW holder and a National Registry Certified EMT. On-duty, my first and foremost responsibility is to myself, my team, and my department. Everything else is secondary. Off-duty, my family comes first. If, in the defense of my family, myself, my friends, or an innocent civilian, I am entirely prepared to end the life of anyone who decides to bring the threat of lethal violence against them. On-duty it is my legal obligation to make every attempt to save and/or sustain life. Off-duty, my moral obligation to do the same ends when the choice of meeting lethal force with lethal force is placed upon me.

In my truck I carry my own trauma level jump-kit in case I ever need to administer care before the cavalry arrives. Force a situation where I must abandon my moral obligation to help do to a poor choice on their part, and they can just sit and bleed until someone else comes to help them out.
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links