Funny exchange with my brother

This is a discussion on Funny exchange with my brother within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a pretty amusing moment with my Dad and brother today. My brother and I went to our parents house to have dinner. He ...

Thread: Funny exchange with my brother

I had a pretty amusing moment with my Dad and brother today. My brother and I went to our parents house to have dinner. He got there first, so when I showed up he, my Dad and I met up outside the garage and chatted for a few minutes before heading in to eat. I was pocket carrying my J-frame and moved the knife that lives in my front pocket to the rear pocket so I would be able to draw without snagging. My brother noticed it when I turned around and asked "Why do you have your knife in your back pocket?" I replied "It makes it hard to draw the pistol in my front pocket if my knife is in the way." We got a good laugh out of it.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

It made me laugh, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hummm... I do that too! In fact, I now always carry my knife in my back pocket.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe I missed something.

So why was the knife in snag position in the first place?

And why 'upgrade' your tactics and preparation before a meal with your family?

Not trying to bust your chops, just curious.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

Snag Position?...Because the when placing the gun into his front pocket, its draw might not be as smooth with a knife clipped to the same pocket.

Upgrade Tatics?...To keep the gun completly hidden, probably for 'moms' sake...wouldn't want her to choke on the meat when she spotted a gun or holster...just guessing!

Stay armed...keep it 'low key' for the family...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

big LOL
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Not really an upgrade, actually more of a downgrade. I'm still in college so I can't carry every day, but on the weekends I do. I like pocket carrying the J-frame for low risk trips because it's way more comfortable for long car rides and sitting at the dinner table than a Commander IWB. My parents live on a 100 acre farm, crime isn't a huge issue but isn't non-existent. I carry when going there mostly so I'm armed for the road. Scaring Mom with the gun isn't even a minor concern; she got her CCW the same day I did. Dad, my brother and I went together last Mother's Day to get her a Benelli 20 gauge for shooting clays. Previous gifts included a Kel-Tec 9mm (her choice, it fits her hands well) and hollow points.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

+1......Why have the knife inside or clipped to the same pocket ever?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

That was funny. Ive used the line about the gun too with very close friends and family. Everyone finds it funny.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

He plainly said he does not carry regularly due to his student status. His knife is up front usually for easy access and he put it in his pback pocket because of the gun. Same idea as if you take your keys and change out of your pocket when you put your gun there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but....I find different states laws interesting. The OP carries his knife to school but not his gun......I carry my gun to school but can't legally CC a knife in Utah. Strange
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I also need to move my knife when I pocket carry (left front, I'm a lefty).

But with knives with a pocket clip, I've found the back pocket to be problematic. The clip will wear on the leather in my car, can scratch a wood chair and snag on others. I either switch knives to a Balisong without a clip (carried a Bali in back pocket for about 7 years, even before I was licensed for a gun), or I move the knife to my off side front (where there is also often spare ammunition). I have a few clipped pocket knives I've left set up right handed or this purpose (#1 is Spyderco Native 3).

An observant person could notice my change in habits, as the knife is most often visible in my left pocket. No one has ever noticed yet to my knowledge.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I am left eye dominant and largely abmidextrous with most tasks. So I can pretty much clip my knife where ever I need it at the time.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sponsored Links