Bad News

This is a discussion on Bad News within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received a letter from Texas DPS that they were unable to use my fingerprints. I am going to go tomorrow and have them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad News

Bad News

I just received a letter from Texas DPS that they were unable to use my fingerprints. I am going to go tomorrow and have them done electronically. I'm sure this has happened to others and was wondering how long the wait would be after I resubmit them.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That sucks, how long have you been waiting? Hopefully it won't change the wait time by more than the extra time to get them re-done.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Welcome to the forum and your first post!
    Good luck with it all.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum, don't know about TX, but some states the time starts again when they get the new finger prints. Hope it doesn't for you.

My fingerprints were rejected on my last Texas CHL renewal. I went with the electronically taken prints for the re-do as well. If I remember correctly, my permit showed up about about three weeks after I resubmitted the fingerprints.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

[QUOTE=sigmanluke;1079795]That sucks, how long have you been waiting? Hopefully it won't change the wait time by more than the extra time to get them re-done.[/QUOT

I've been waiting about 50 days. Hopefully it won't be another 2 months!

VIP Member
    I've personally known a couple of people that had delays because of things having to be redone, like prints, and the time was not delayed more than getting the prints redone

my wife had other issued based on her being born on an AFB oversees while her dad was in USAF, FBI kicked back wanting more paperwork/info on her citizenship!!!

good luck with the app, now get to the new members page and intro yourself
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

The officer who printed me made sure she had excellent quality prints before we were done. Had to redo two of them.
    I have known others who had theirs done electronically initially, and some of those were not usable. Nothing is 100%

Greetings and Welcome from Fayetteville, NC!!!

Hopefully they will expidite the second set of prints.

Good Luck! It's worth the wait!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

First of all welcome to the forum

The last time I had mine done I had them done electronically.

That way you can see what you have right there. You should not have any problems now.

A friend of mine and I attended the same class, and sent out our packets from the class the same day. We both had our finger prints kicked back, so we went to an electronic place. They also kicked those back.

Make sure you get both cards at the electronic place. The finger print place ran us through what they said they did for everyone, but DPS kicked them back for us. I finally said screw it and went to the local jail to get finger prints, and those finally went through. About 4 months after we had submitted our packets I got my license.

I partially think it was a stall tactic on our account. This was about 8 or 9 months ago and they hadn't hired extra help then, so they were getting buried. Since they are supposed to process within 60 days, I think a lot of people got screwed over.

Also check the DL number on your CHL when it comes in. Mine looked fine, but 4 months or so later I discovered (my fault for not checking more thoroughly sooner) they had made a 3 an 8, so its been over 3 weeks since I paid them to change their mistake and I have yet to get my corrected plastic.

I hope things go a lot smoother for everyone than they did for me. I am less than impressed at the speed which they "permit" us to exercise our 2nd amendment right. But I know they are just human and have gotten a lot of paperwork in, so I try to keep that in perspective.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

It may lengthen the wait a little, but I doubt that you would start all over...OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I got fingerprints done again tody and will have them in the mail tomorrow.
    Hopefully I will have my plastic soon. Thanks for all the replies!

My dad and I applied for our CCL the same day - and both got electronically fingerprinted. His came back as unreadable - he's been a furniture refinisher for 40 plus years and all the sanding has almost completely worn his fingerprints down! He did a retake and sent it back in. I got my CCL three weeks ago and he's still waiting. Best of luck!

VIP Member
    I had mine rejected and went to the local pd to get an electronic set. DPS (or the postal service?) took about 10 days before logging in the new set, and then the clock started running, again. A renewal application originally submitted in early Dec. didn't get fully processed until some time in April. In the meantime, I went 6 weeks without a valid license.

Patience is the only answer here. They are apparently swamped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links