my vfw post carrying

This is a discussion on my vfw post carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone who had the integrity to serve their country would also have the integrity to buckle down and look for some kind of honest means ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my vfw post carrying

Someone who had the integrity to serve their country would also have the integrity to buckle down and look for some kind of honest means of getting ahead if they were down on their luck. I don't buy the "homeless vet" story. I see way too many of them for one thing!

2. Remove Ads

I concur, with most that was said, and I also see too many calling themselves vets. That's why I suggested directing them to places like the DAV or Vet Hospitals for help. Secondly, drug head or not I am pro Veteran because unless who have served you really would not understand. Now if they just want a hand out and don't want to work that is totally different.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Blue,

If they were true vets then yes, I do the same as you, direct them to the VA.

But, as I've mentioned, unless they went into the military around 5 to 10 years of age, I'm not buying their story.

Some of the older ones could have been but when I ask questions, they have no idea what I'm talking about, because they weren't there. I wasn't either but my father was and even though he spoke very little about his tours, he still said alot (if you know what I mean).

Oh, and around here don't let them "work" for you. They expect Oregon min. wage (which is high) and will do about 5 min. of work and then sit around drugging/drinking and then demand money. If you don't pay they rob you blind, sometimes directly. Happened to a neighbor of mine.

Wayne

I'm in agreement BlueLion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    I concur, with most that was said, and I also see too many calling themselves vets. That's why I suggested directing them to places like the DAV or Vet Hospitals for help. Secondly, drug head or not I am pro Veteran because unless who have served you really would not understand. Now if they just want a hand out and don't want to work that is totally different.
    I would suggest you hand them some information about where and what agencies to get help from and politely send them on their way. I'm not sure from the orginal post what they did to provoke having a gun drawn on them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like panhandlers and the majority I know have drug or alcohol abuse problems that I am not particualry simpathetic with. Also most carry some sort of weapon from living on the streets. But you can't shoot them for that unless they threaten your life in some way.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

As a Christian and an EMT, I like to think I have a great deal of compassion for others. I would do anything to help someone. But I do agree that the Lord helps those who helps themselves and directing them to the appropriate place to get that help seems fair. But it never hurts to give someone a sandwich, either. Even if their intentions are wrong, yours would be right. That person might be a bum --- or an angel.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links