my vfw post carrying

my vfw post carrying

This is a discussion on my vfw post carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to dinner at my VFW POST 10694 Santa Ana California last night and when I walked in the door there were three shady ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my vfw post carrying

my vfw post carrying

I went to dinner at my VFW POST 10694 Santa Ana California last night and when I walked in the door there were three shady people I never saw before.
    So I take notice of them and proceed to the bar (not drinking) just to hang with my comrades and eat dinner.
    It turns out the three people are homeless and mooching a free dinner from my post. The guy said he was a vet (probably a BCD vet if you know what I mean) not to mention that he's wearing a pentagram on his jacket.
    Satan worshiper.
    He wanted money from the post and all but, we have to vote on stuff like that.
    I was packing my little .38 spl because my xd subcompact is at the factory having night sights installed. I tell you what I am glad I have a permit to carry in California now.
    This was the first time I really was glad that I was carrying.
    Although they did end up leaving...they said they would come back on Tuesday to see if we vote to give them money.
    Then it will be even better because two of us will be packing then.
    My Friends dad is a member of the post and a retired LAPD officer.
    Believe me if the guy started any "fecal matter" with any of my bros I would have drawn down on him.
    My comrades would back me up 100% in a situation like that.
    Besides, who are the cops going to believe a room full of combat veterans or some homeless scum bag drug addict from off the street?

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Did you all vote to give them money?
    Curry

Yeah, let us know what happens!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

We want to know
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Am I missing something ?? Howd they get in the door ?? We have a outter door and a inner door that is always locked. The active members have a key. Guests ring the buzzer and the duty master at arms answers the inner door. This system works great. -------

Assistant Administrator
    Glad someone there can pack anyways!!

Mind you too - just thinking of GG's vs BG's - lots against 3 ain't very good odds for them!! Different I guess if any of them were packing.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Never a good idea to give anyone anything, I'm sure there are some tasks they could perform for the cash they requested. If someone has to earn the money, they may not ask again....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak
    Never a good idea to give anyone anything, I'm sure there are some tasks they could perform for the cash they requested. If someone has to earn the money, they may not ask again....
    Reminds me of a picture from my great-grandparents farm. Emigrated from Italy. Had a large farm where, I'm told, migrants routinely stopped by to be fed. They had a sign out front that said "No work, no eat!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmak
    Never a good idea to give anyone anything, I'm sure there are some tasks they could perform for the cash they requested.
    Well said, dimmak!

They may require close supervision, though
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

our business meeting is tommorrow and no we wont approve the money if they show up i know i will second the motion not to give it to them. only a hand full of regular members were there on friday incuding the post comander. we have doors that lockfor the bar and meeting room but the kitchen is open to anyone if they just walk in.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    A friend of mine has a small buisness in the house construction/remodeling industry. He has told me that when he has stopped at a interstate on/off ramp and see's one of those,"homeless or vet.,need food and shelter" people,he has asked quite a few if they want to come to his buisness and sweep floors,all have said NO. Most,most,want food,shelter,money,but work for it ??? NO WAY ! -------

yeah i left out the fact the guy wanted a beer also my comander didnt give him one. i hope he doesnt show up tommorrow but if he does there will be two of us packing heat.

I too am a Vet, DAV, VFW. Not to flame on you, but I doubt those guys would have really wanted to start a rumble with a room full of Vets. Secondly, did you even talk to him to see if he was a vet. We have many of us homeless and in the streets and that is irregardless if he had a pentagram on or not.

I would have engaged him in conversation and found out what the deal was. Secondy, I am not familiar with the term BCD, please enlighten me. Lets, not be so quick to end some ones life that really may need some help. Secondly, point him in the right direction. They have many places to help homeless Vets that have drug problems or just need some support.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Bad Conduct Discharge, more than likely.

I'd like to know the story, before passing any sort of judgement.

I'm much more inclined to help a man feed himself than to simply feed him. Even so, what's left of my heart hasn't turned completely to stone. . . Yet.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Yeah, we have homeless "vets" here also. Seem every single one of them was in vietnam.

I know taht alot of young people joined the military back then but egads I didn't realize that the military was taking in pre-schoolers as well as those in middle school.

No, I don't feel for these people anymore. They want thier drugs and their booze and could care less about working an honest days work in their life. I figure that I already "give" them enough with their free health care, food stamps, the many things that they've stolen from me, etc..

They are parasites and should be squashed. The ones that actually want help and seek it I'm willing to give ONE chance and that is it. If they fail, the hell with them.

I know I sound like a cold hearted SOB but I work hard for what I get, I have to pay my OWN medical bills, and I have to buy my own food. I'm tired of these people stealing my hard earned money as well as my property and then want more.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links