Out of state Vacation Carry

This is a discussion on Out of state Vacation Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ofcorse i will check packing.org too but i was wondering if you guys had any experiance or knoledge about carrying in other states that you ...

Thread: Out of state Vacation Carry

Out of state Vacation Carry

Ofcorse i will check packing.org too but i was wondering if you guys had any experiance or knoledge about carrying in other states that you plan to be in for only about a week or two. Meaning if you were just going there for vacation. This april is our 5th wedding anniversory and I want to take my wife to Reno, Nevada for a few nights, and this summer I was to take her to L.A. to show here the streets i gew up on and to take our daughter to disney land. BUt i REALLY dont want to do eigther of thouse trips if i cant carry. Reno wouldnt be a good idea because we might be carrying some cash and such late at night, and L.A. well.. you know why there... Is there a way to get a temperary carry permit in thouse states just using your states CHL. I know california and Nevada dont recognise my licance, but there has to be a way to get a temp permit just for a week , after all my chl here in Oregon will show them that im not a federal felon right?

Any info would be great!!!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

2. Remove Ads

try packing.org but ive never heard of any state issuing a temp permit so you will probley be out of luck

yeah it looks like your right... Hmmm well mabie ill have to leave the gun in the hotel room but carry a nice knife. and Be as alert as possible!
    I carry because I care.
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Assistant Administrator
    Bud is right - I am sure no one has ever issued any temp permits.

I just checked too and even my FL non-res would not cover for NV. As for CA and L.A. - hell might freeze over first!!

You will have to be very cautious even having a gun with you IMO.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelicious
    yeah it looks like your right... Hmmm well mabie ill have to leave the gun in the hotel room but carry a nice knife. and Be as alert as possible!

I hate to be a stickler, but paranoia WILL ruin your vacation. Just enjoy yourself. If you're anything like the rest of us, you're probably mean looking enough that a BG wouldn't even come near you.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I have never heard of a temporary permit being issued to an out-of-stater. Usually they are for residents with a great immediate need due to being threatened in some way.

When I travel I print out the packing.org pages for each state I will be traveling through. I create a folder with these and as I enter each state I look up to see if my license(s) are valid, where I can or cannot carry, things like that. I've found this to be very useful.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe
    I have never heard of a temporary permit being issued to an out-of-stater. Usually they are for residents with a great immediate need due to being threatened in some way.

When I travel I print out the packing.org pages for each state I will be traveling through. I create a folder with these and as I enter each state I look up to see if my license(s) are valid, where I can or cannot carry, things like that. I've found this to be very useful.
    +1, I do the same thing!
    Curry

I went from my home in Miami, FL out to San Antonio, Texas last July and thanks to reciprocity I was lawfully armed 24/7 each way. I never felt safer.

I agree with Jarhead79, don't get so paranoid that you ruin your vacation with stress. Just be aware (condition Yellow) and relax!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    in Reno or Vegas for that matter you're as safe as a baby in momma's arms. The criminals know not to mess with the tourists.
    Now as you said LA is a whole 'nother story.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

ahh ok well thanks guys for the heads up and advice. Ill relax and take er' teasy'.
    I carry because I care.

Links