My WW Walk (Finally!)

This is a discussion on My WW Walk (Finally!) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so I've had my CCW for a week now (went to DMV Saturday, last week) and finally had a chance to do the walk! ...

Thread: My WW Walk (Finally!)

Cool My WW Walk (Finally!)

Ok, so I've had my CCW for a week now (went to DMV Saturday, last week) and finally had a chance to do the walk! Since I don't do much after work and can't carry at work, yesterday was my first opportunity.

I did carry all day the day I picked my my permit. But a trip to the range then to Quick Trip for some Icees hardly counts.

The family and I decided to make a trip to Wal-Mart last evening to pick up a few things before the impending springtime snow storm, so to make the best of it I strapped on my SuperTuck with Glock 19 and away we went.

We arrived at WM and went straight to the where they keep the Rolaids. since we were running low. The current political climate has practically made these a staple in my diet lately. Since my WM doesn't have a nacho stand and only a SubWay shop (YUCK!) does this count?

From there we took a trip to sporting goods for some 9MM to feed my Glock and/or .22 to feed my Ruger Mark III. None & none (of course). However, I did pick up the knife I've been eye-balling for several weeks a Kershaw Tactical Blur. this has to count!

My kid wanted to check out some toys. Nothing there he wanted.

Checked out DVDs and Blue-Rays. Nothing I wanted that I didn't already have. I did later rent "Quantum of Solace" at Blockbuster. Do I get a point for that?

Went on the the grocery section. Picked up some beer (another necessity in today's political climate), and a few snacks. No steaks, I REFUSE to my meat at WM. We didn't need milk or eggs, I did pick up some soup to keep in my desk at work when I can't get away for lunch.

Then the wife and I realized we forgot to hit the men's clothing section (which was the real reason for going to WM I need some T-shirts. (the SuperTuck is MUCH more comfortable with a T-shirt) Got the Ts along with 3 great "cover" shirts

Last, but not least, went over to the magazines. Hard to believe, but, no gun magazines in stock. I think it's because they are getting ready for inventory. But I'm all current on the ones I ready anyway.

We checked out and went on our way. All in all it was a great experience. I never did feel as if I was being watched. In fact it was kind of cool to "know something no one else did" (that's the only way I can describe it) Most importantly, it's great to know I can defend myself and especially my family should the need arise.

When we left there was a video game my some wanted so we went to BestBuy next. But, that is a story in itself and I've already taken up enough space. If anyone wants to hear it I'll post it.

This is a great little exercise someone thought up and now that I've done it it makes perfect sense. Thanks to whoever it was that thought it up.

On a side note, my wife and I looked over the bingo card when we got home and had a big laugh. We started thinking of all the things we could stamp based on our trip.
    Not my real name

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well done! Yep, it counts. You get extra points for taking the family so that offsets the Nacho Deficiency.

Hmmmm Nacho Offset Points. I might be into something here.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Congrats RN! Well done. And yes, we would like to hear the Blockbuster story.
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

Congrats RN on your WWW. It does make a little more relaxed once you realize most people don't notice that slight "bulge". This is a great way to realize that most people are so self absorbed to notice your Glock. Much ado over nothing!!!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Don't forget to fill out the WW Trek finalization papers with SIXTO...he will certify your walk and forward your app for approval.

Well Done!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Taking the whole family is a great idea. Sounds like you were pretty comfortable with the whole experience.

Well done!

VIP Member
    Congrats, well done sheepdog. Stay safe
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Outstanding. The Walk of Fame

Took mine at our local WM and ran into my CDL instructor. Ex USMC. Is their such a thing as a Ex Marine? I would say that to his face. Prolly get wupt. He was asking if I got my card yet. 8 weeks/8 days I said.

Words of advice from him and I quote:

When the Govt come and ask for your gun, please hand it over....AFTER YOU ARE OUT OF AMMO.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

No, there is no such thing as an "ex-Marine". Even though I am an ex-USAF member that is a different thing. Once a Marine, always a Marine!

Semper Fi!

Although, I am grateful for all of us "ex-military" people. Whether it be the MC, USN, USAF, USA, USCG, etc. we all have done our best to keep this country free!

God Bless all Veterans in my book!
    Last edited by Pikachu711; March 29th, 2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Missing word.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Congrats. Glad you went through unnoticed.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

permit/ww stroll

congrads on your permit and your officail ww stroll. yep, subway
    works thought i'm personally not a big fan of subway.
    but congrads again to ya and welcome to DC.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNorthwood View Post
    kind of cool to "know something no one else did".
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    No, there is no such thing as an "ex-Marine". Even though I am an ex-USAF member that is a different thing. Once a Marine, always a Marine!

Semper Fi!

Although, I am grateful for all of us "ex-military" people. Whether it be the MC, USN, USAF, USA, USCG, etc. we all have done our best to keep this country free!

God Bless all Veterans in my book!
    +1

Nice write up on the WWW, can't wait to do mine :)

Well done!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Links