For the jeans guys (sorry ladies)

This is a discussion on For the jeans guys (sorry ladies) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's what I want to know. For concealed carry purposes only, what jeans work best for you (waist size/fit, belt loop locations for holster wear, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the jeans guys (sorry ladies)

For the jeans guys (sorry ladies)

Here's what I want to know. For concealed carry purposes only, what jeans work best for you (waist size/fit, belt loop locations for holster wear, etc..). Best ones that work for me are the Lee and Wrangler jeans. I like my Levis, but the belt loop locations are always off for me and CC. I don't want to get into cutting and relocating belt loops, I just want to know what works best for you right off the hanger to wearing them. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Levis, 5 oclock, one waist size bigger than normal. Belt loops are not an issue because my IWB Holster (DeSantis) has a split loop. If need be, it goes right around the belt loop.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    I like the Levi's, I dont know what number, but I typically wear boot cut because if I'm wearing jeans I have boots on. Waist is 34" with a 32-34" inseam. I can IWB my 228 ( the largest gun I carry IWB) just fine. OWB its my 228 or 220. Belt loops dont bother me at all.
    What type of holster are you using? I'm having trouble understanding why the belt loops are causing problems.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I were only Carhart carpenter jeans for many reasons and they are the most comfortable for carry IMO. I get them 2'' bigger than I need to allow for IWB carry with my PT140 in a UBG Canute. Carpenter jeans allow for better movement being baggier than most jeans and I like the x-tra pockets. The belt loop locations work very well for me, I carry from 3 o:clock to 4:30 and have no problem. I think it will depends on your holster design more than anything else.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    +1 on the Wranglers, but not the original cowboy cut jeans. One size bigger, classic fit.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

kpw
    Same as you. If I'm wearing Levis, I'm usually wearing a paddle holster. I usually wear a 34 waist but I have a couple of 36 Wranglers for IWB carry. The biggest problem I have is with the belt keepers on gun belts being too far back and running into one of the loops, unless I wear the belt backwards. I hate that! Most of the time with jeans, I use a Wilderness belt because of that. I like Lee jeans but they have too many belt loops on them.

VIP Member
    Wranglers for me, 1 waist size larger than before I started carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I like the Levi's, I dont know what number, but I typically wear boot cut because if I'm wearing jeans I have boots on. Waist is 34" with a 32-34" inseam. I can IWB my 228 ( the largest gun I carry IWB) just fine. OWB its my 228 or 220. Belt loops dont bother me at all.
    What type of holster are you using? I'm having trouble understanding why the belt loops are causing problems.
    Well, OWB is either one of the full size Glocks in an Ahern pancake, or the P220 in a DeSantis speed scabbard. IWB is always one of the Glocks in any size in the DeSantis Scorpion. The belt loops always matter for me, and I wear the same waist sizes I would wear without. 34/34 or 34/36. I don't get jeans sized to large for my body.....I like a tight fit.

Levis Carpenter...$20 at Meijer.

Levis carpenter jeans. I use the lower pocket down below the right rear pocket on the seam for my cell phone that fits perfectly in it. The belt loops are spaced perfectly for my holster that it doesn't interfere with the leather strap, they are also just the right size for my 1.5" wilderness tacticool belt. Plus I look damn sexy in them.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I wear either Levi's or Carhart carpenter jeans. The belt loops are almost identical between them. I buy 1" larger for IWB and tighten my belt 1 more hole for OWB.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Wranglers from WalMart. Regular fit. OWB at 4 o'clock.

I can make the Levi's from WalMart work too but I wear the Wranglers.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Senior Moderator
    Lets keep it on topic people.

The O.P. asked for advice on fit when carrying concealed weapons, he didn't ask for an oratory of the evils of jean ownership.If you want to inform the world of how anti-gun a particular company is, start another thread.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I only wear Levis, at 4 O' clock, one size larger.

Levi and no problems.
    NRA Member GOAL Member
    Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Sig Sauer 226
    Beretta 21 .25
    S&W1911

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I were only Carhart carpenter jeans for many reasons and they are the most comfortable for carry IMO. I get them 2'' bigger than I need to allow for IWB carry with my PT140 in a UBG Canute. Carpenter jeans allow for better movement being baggier than most jeans and I like the x-tra pockets. The belt loop locations work very well for me, I carry from 3 o:clock to 4:30 and have no problem. I think it will depends on your holster design more than anything else.
    +10
    Nothing but Carhartts for me. The side pockets are handy. Works well for a good assisted opener in one pocket and misc junk(flashlight etc...) in the other. Same carry positions for me as well. Also to note, I use pretty much the widest gun belt available and it fits perfectly in the Carhartt carpenter jeans belt loops when nothing else really works.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links