Newbie from Indiana question.... - Page 3

Newbie from Indiana question....

This is a discussion on Newbie from Indiana question.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finished first step of the pretty much two step process of applying for PP permit, they got my 50 bucks for the local city fund ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie from Indiana question....

Its done................

Finished first step of the pretty much two step process of applying for PP permit, they got my 50 bucks for the local city fund and I get fingerprinted early next week then papers and more cash off to the state for their eminent approval.......( Im so clean I squeek !!)
    So thanx to all that replied to my ignorant question, and NO, they never asked on either set of papers why I desired a CCW.......!!

Later Bros............

Quote Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
    Finished first step of the pretty much two step process of applying for PP permit, they got my 50 bucks for the local city fund and I get fingerprinted early next week then papers and more cash off to the state for their eminent approval.......( Im so clean I squeek !!)
    So thanx to all that replied to my ignorant question, and NO, they never asked on either set of papers why I desired a CCW.......!!

Later Bros............
    Awesome, make sure to laminate it when you get it (I can't believe these things dont come this way after all the money you have to pay. ). My brother had his paper work sent in mid Feb. and is still waiting, so hang in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Tusk View Post

Later Bros............
    I don't know what locality you live in but where I live, everything, including finger prints, is done within about 15 minutes. Pay your local fee and walk across the street to the Post Office and mail a postal money order with paperwork to the state and wait.

Any how, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    I don't know what locality you live in but where I live, everything, including finger prints, is done within about 15 minutes. Pay your local fee and walk across the street to the Post Office and mail a postal money order with paperwork to the state and wait.

Any how, congrats!
    I noticed that too. Mine was done and sent out within an hour, while other jurisdictions take a week and are only open from like 10am-2pm tuesday, wednesday, and thursday.

Distinguished Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

Not here..............lol

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post

Any how, congrats!

Im in way southern indiana, Evansville to be exact........had to start with EPD, they check you out after you turn in papers then they say in print could be 14 days you come back and then they fingerprint ya but they are doing it quicker now, they have had lots of practice lately, they told me to come back early next week to do my prints and then off to state for another 6 to 8 weeks...........Ill let yas all know just how long it turns out to be when its over !!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your permit. The lifetime deal is awesome.

Thumbs up Im finished now comes the wait ????

Well Im done............everything is submitted so on and so forth...........LOL
    Did the EPD papers had them approved, I turned the papers in local with the buckos required, was a set to wait a week if not two but got a call from EPD 2 days after turning them in saying.................kinda like Bob Barker, " come on down" you are approved............went and got the buckos for the state police for the lifetime permit, got fingers inked and now jus waitin for the state to do their thing !!
    Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder if the state will process all as fast as the EPD did ??? Maybe, perhaps...............is possible, could be, might be..............NAWHHHHHHHHHH !!! BUT.........ya never know now do ya !!

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Congrats on the new permit!

Stay armed...for a lifetime in IN...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Yeah.............

.......well, since posting last I just been waiting.......my permit (lifetime) came June 1st, uh-huh, uh-huh.......state had cashed mo on April 8th and the little pink paper ( since laminated ) came June 1st........pretty good turn around tyme actually me thinks !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links