CCW question for the ladies

This is a discussion on CCW question for the ladies within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is wondering about a couple things. First, she's wondering how you ladies CCW during summer months. Her concern is managing to conceal on ...

Thread: CCW question for the ladies

CCW question for the ladies

My wife is wondering about a couple things. First, she's wondering how you ladies CCW during summer months. Her concern is managing to conceal on a fairly petite frame without much in the way of cover garments. We're in SC, so temperatures and humidity will get up there.

Also, how do you manage work/evening clothes? Work clothes are easier during cooler months, she can just go with a cover garment. What are you ladies doing when dressed for work during the summer?

BTW, right now she's got a Taurus 85 revolver and a Kel-Tec P32. Thanks in advance for any input.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

2. Remove Ads

Have your wife go to this website and start reading...

Cornered Cat

Dedicated strictly for the ladies and their unique questions and needs.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    As a man, I am fairly small featured and my physique is in fact similar to some women. My hips are a lower than an average man and my waist is the same as it was in high school. During my 33-year career in the US Army, I was able to ferret around inside a tank with the speed and agility of a monkey. Now that I’m a senior citizen, (damn I hate that term) I’m still wearing a size small/medium. In short, I may fully understand your wife’s concerns.

My advice is to consider a smaller and somewhat lighter handgun combined with a SmartCarry or Thunderware offering. They are designed in a fashion that’s perfect for us folks with a smaller frame. I also live in the hottest area in the country where 4-5 months may typically run 105~114 degrees. Here, you’re going to sweat regardless of what you wear or don't wear, so a stainless or lighter composite is also recommended.
    Regards,

As First Sgt said, have her look at Cornered Cat. My wife carries a P-3AT with the clip on it in her waistband in appendix carry. Her friend carries the same way and they are pretty comfortable.
    Owner/ Instructor
    Your Best Defense, LLC
    SC CWP training
    1st Aid & CPR training
    www.yourbestdefensesc.com

Thanks, guys, for the responses. I should have remembered about Cornered Cat after reading about it here some time back.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

My wife has an extremely thin leather pack (does not look like a fanny pack) that almost disappears under a shirt. She carries her KelTec .32 in it with an extra mag...no room for anything else...IT IS THIN. One can find such items in leather shops.

I'm tryng to get her to try a holster for her Glock-26...no luck yet!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; March 30th, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Purse carry is also an option, although not the best one - but it's there when nothing else is. Just make sure the gun goes in a pocket all its own, and she doesn't lay it down ANYwhere.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I have bought my wife several very nice purses for her CCW gun, she also has a very specialized belly type bag just for her gun, but thunder wear could be an option as well....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    I have bought my wife several very nice purses for her CCW gun, she also has a very specialized belly type bag just for her gun, but thunder wear could be an option as well....
    I just received the Thunderware right now and it is quite comfortable. I opted for the basic rig and not “The Combination Model” which includes the accessory pocket in the rear. Based on the way it feels, I wouldn’t want any additional bulk. The photos showing handcuffs, and wallet, and money, may be a bit too much for comfort.

BTW: SmartCarry and Thunderware are all the same product according to the patent number.
    Regards,

Links