CHL came on day 60 in Texas

This is a discussion on CHL came on day 60 in Texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I and my wife both got our CHL on the 60th day here in Texas. I am pleased. The law says that the state has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHL came on day 60 in Texas

Smile CHL came on day 60 in Texas

I and my wife both got our CHL on the 60th day here in Texas. I am pleased. The law says that the state has 60 days to get you the license from the time they have the paperwork. Or they have to send you a notice that it is delayed and why. I knew when the paperwork arrived in Austin because I sent it registered mail. But I was afraid it would take longer. I had heard averages of 72 to 78 days. And I know demand for CHLs has gone through the roof. Both our CHLs came Friday.

I could not carry much during the weekend because I was at a horse show. But I always had the gun with me when I was outside the arena. Tonight I will be doing a bunch of errands and stuff. Walmart, eating out, other stores. I plan to carry the entire time.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    congrats

Woohoo! That means they are catching up down in Austin!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Congrats! I hope I get so lucky.

VIP Member
    Good to hear that they are actually getting things done on time. Stay safe out there.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

That is awesome. My 60 days are up on April 9th. If I don't get it then, thanks for the let down :)

I overnighted my application, but asked that they not have to sign for it, as I heard that kinda upsets them, but someone signed for it anyway. So I know it was received Feb. 10th. I called DPS and they said it should be 60 days from the date they received the application. Is this the date you were counting from??

If mine comes next week it will be perfect timing, I expect my XD40sc to get back from springerprecision this week!!!
    Yep, I'm a Male Nurse.....Focker

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

I'm a little worried you may blown your cover since Lipan is a small town and your sig is so descriptive. But now that I think about it your sig fits 99.5% of all males in Lipan over the age of 25!!! Congrats!
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Thanks toaster! Actually I have my mailing address in Lipan. I live 8 miles west. I often get to answer the question "What town do you live in?" with the answer "I don't ---" And out here where I do live, ALL of my neighbors are armed and many are CHL holders. When we first moved out here my son was 12 years old. He soon commented "Dad, I know now why everyone out here is so nice....its because everyone knows everyone else -- and everyone has a gun!!!!"

Do we like living in the boonies? You better believe it!
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Congrats on the new permit!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MaleNursePX4 View Post
    That is awesome. My 60 days are up on April 9th. If I don't get it then, thanks for the let down :)

I overnighted my application, but asked that they not have to sign for it, as I heard that kinda upsets them, but someone signed for it anyway. So I know it was received Feb. 10th. I called DPS and they said it should be 60 days from the date they received the application. Is this the date you were counting from??

If mine comes next week it will be perfect timing, I expect my XD40sc to get back from springerprecision this week!!!
    Yep, I was counting day 1 ad the day that I knew it was in their hands.

congrats on the permit !!!!

Congrats to you and the missus!!! Texas just got safer by 2 more carriers. Be sure to post y'alls WWW story!!! Time fer some nachos!!!

Glad to hear DPS is starting to catch up. Only one thing, you forgot to post pictures of your carry weapon and holster...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

First Carry and Pics

My first carry was smooth sailing. I live 25 miles from town, so I lump a bunch of errands together. Walmart, Gibsons (another clothing+hardware+guns store), Tractor Supply, and out to eat at On The Border. No problems and I felt quite comfortable.

My carry rig is a Tucker Gun Leather IWB "The Answer". I ordered it 2 months ago and they had one in stock for my Glock 23 -- so I got it within days of the order. I am totally satisfied with it. My belt from the Beltman came in 2 weeks ago. I have velcro on it and use velcro clips.

Here's the requested pics:
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    Congrats! Looks like you timed things pretty well. Nice rig.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links