Mississippi getting better

This is a discussion on Mississippi getting better within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, with everything that was going on with work last year, I messed around and let my permit expire. I went on Feb. 17 and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi getting better

Mississippi getting better

Well, with everything that was going on with work last year, I messed around and let my permit expire. I went on Feb. 17 and reapplied. Got permit in the mail today and could not be happier. It has an issue date of 4-3-09, so won't be good until Friday, but I will be hitting all the stores looking for ammo as soon as I get off Friday morning. Still can't believe they got it to me in 45 days. Every other time, it has taken the full 120 days and it is now good for 5 years. Feels good knowing I don't have to depend on my wife to protect me while we are out. That life insurance policy kept making me think she might not do her best.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

2. Remove Ads

Congrats!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Congrats on the renewal......lots of people have to wait a lot longer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My last renewal was under 1 wk here in WV. Same w/SWMBO and my bud.

Montani Semper Liberi

Bob

Deadeye72, I applied for my Mississippi permit in Feburary 18 at New Albany. I am checking the mail box every day. The lady that took my money told me I would probably get the permit in 40-45 days. That is better than the original 120 days average.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frankcnb View Post
    Deadeye72, I applied for my Mississippi permit in Feburary 18 at New Albany. I am checking the mail box every day. The lady that took my money told me I would probably get the permit in 40-45 days. That is better than the original 120 days average.
    Frank

I was expecting the 120 days like it has been in the past, so it was really nice when I checked the mail and there it was. I knew they were trying last year to get the years the permit is good from 4 to 5, but I did not realize that they had changed it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

If I have understood right, the renewals will now be done through the mail since they are now using digital fingerprinting. The main reason you had to go back was to get re-fingerprinted because the FBI would not use old fingerprint cards because of deteriation. I hope I heard right.
    The DPPS has not updated the web sight concerning the 120 day waiting period.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frankcnb View Post
    If I have understood right, the renewals will now be done through the mail since they are now using digital fingerprinting. The main reason you had to go back was to get re-fingerprinted because the FBI would not use old fingerprint cards because of deteriation. I hope I heard right.
    The DPPS has not updated the web sight concerning the 120 day waiting period.
    Frank
    You can renew every other time through the mail. I think the 120 days is still right, it just means they can take 120 days to process it, they are just getting them out faster now.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

eww
    Glad to hear the renewal is good for 5 years.

I went down to Batesville on 2 February and still haven't received my permit but...

I called down to Jackson last Tuesday and spoke with the director over firearms permits in MS (new albany can give you the phone number) and he ran my license number while I was on the phone. He said that my permit was "out for issue" but he said that that could mean that my fingerprint card was crap since they were done on paper. He told me that if my permit wasn't in by today to call back and if the computer said that my prints were bad I could drive or fly down to his office in Jackson and he'd let me do it electonically in his office and I wouldn't have to wait the 45-60 days again. He said if I waited and got the notice in the mail about my fingerprint card being messed up, I'd have go stand in line again and wait the 45-60 days. I didn't receive anything so I called him back today. He said that they are running a little long right now because of the number of them and most of the problems are the paper fingerprint card. He called me back about 20 minutes later and said my stuff was good and that he put my permit in the mail personally and it should be up here by Sat. He's a nice guy and is actually trying to help folks.

So, I'd say make the call and you may find out what is going on and make it happen faster than waiting on the mail.

Friday or Saturday will be my WWW! Sweet.
    Slow is steady and steady is fast.

Changes for the better have come to Mi crooked letter, though the powers that be still need to get their **** together. I sent off for mine Jan. 12 and waited. Waited some more, finally called. I was told that the permit had been issued. When I told the lady that it never arrived, she said that I needed to type a letter stating the situation and get it notarized. Then pay a 15 buck fee for a duplicate. So I had to do all that go to Bates-Vegas and pay up. when I asked if I had to wait to get it she said yeah. So I turned around to leave. She said, "Sir, it will be ready in 5 minutes". ***?

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    but I will be hitting all the stores looking for ammo as soon as I get off Friday morning.
    Good luck, my friend. In the past couple of weeks I have visited Wal-Marts in: Flowood; Brandon; Jackson; Clinton; Philadelphia; Kociusko; Hattiesburg; Laurel; Columbia; Magee; and Wiggins. A few boxes of .380 and a few boxes of .357Sig WWB was all of the pistol ammo I saw. Hard to believe.

Congrats on your permit.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Good luck, my friend. In the past couple of weeks I have visited Wal-Marts in: Flowood; Brandon; Jackson; Clinton; Philadelphia; Kociusko; Hattiesburg; Laurel; Columbia; Magee; and Wiggins. A few boxes of .380 and a few boxes of .357Sig WWB was all of the pistol ammo I saw. Hard to believe.

Congrats on your permit.
    Gonzo
    Well, I will be checking the Wal-marts, Bass Pro, Dicks, Academy, and all the small gun shops in town.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Well, I will be checking the Wal-marts, Bass Pro, Dicks, Academy, and all the small gun shops in town.
    The new Dick's in the Jackson Metro Area was sold out of most of their semi-auto calibers last weekend. They did have some Blazer .357 and .45ACP, but it "twern't cheap", as they say. Local gunshops seems to have plenty of good defensive ammo in stock, but they have gone up in price so much it is unreal. Van's had a pretty good selection of WWB FMJ in various calibers, but, again..the price has gone up. Let us know what you see at Bass Pro.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I picked up 2 boxs of 9mm win bonded pdx1 at bass pro for 18.99 a box..ouch.
    Vans, Discount, Great Southern, Outfitters, Surplus city and the rest have little to no stock and when they have a decent round there $20 for 20.. I wish I would have picked up some more HST when we could order it for 26.00 for 50.
    Hindsight is 20/20
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links