CCW is better than not

CCW is better than not

This is a discussion on CCW is better than not within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am CCW in my state, MO. I have received nothing but positive words from my city, county and state police. As an NRA supporter ...

Thread: CCW is better than not

VIP Member

CCW is better than not

I am CCW in my state, MO. I have received nothing but positive words from my city, county and state police. As an NRA supporter I have been invited to join local organizations that support our 2nd amendment rights. I have been invited to shoot at a police range in May (a one time opportunity). Every LEO has been helpful. I speak frequently with ATF as I am pursuing other licensing. The ATF has been extremely helpful.

People who enforce the law like CCW holders. They know you are probably a law abiding citizen not a BG. They want to help, and do.

NRA instructors are not all in it just to make a buck. Many have said they would be happy to help me improve my shooting skills.

By networking, you can meet some very fine people that share your interest in guns, shooting, gun-smithing or whatever it may be.

Guns can be a hobby, a sport, and also something worth learning that can save your life or a love one.

Be safe and do it right with a proper CCW endorsement.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

You certainly have a 'positive mind set'...

i too, have found mostly positive individuals in local PD's and agree, they seem to have more positive feelings towards CCW permited individuals...allow that doesn't guarentee anything.

Here in the rural South, most people are pro-gun...then I drive a dozen miles into Gainesville and the University of Florida..."The Center for Liberal Thinking".
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    That is exactly my experience.

Agreed
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You certainly have a 'positive mind set'...

i too, have found mostly positive individuals in local PD's and agree, they seem to have more positive feelings toward CCW permited individuals...allow that doesn't guarentee anything.

Here in the rural South, most people are pro-gun...then I drive a dozen miles into Gainesville and the University of Florida..."The Center for Liberal Thinking".
    Yes I do.

I believe in training, self defense and cross training. The community of gun people I have met are from all walks of life. Firearms are something we have in common. Between us, this can create a certain and common bond. My aim is to to promote legal firearms safety and training.

NRA is important to me and although not political, I encourage all NRA efforts in support of our constitutional rights.

I have other interests as well. I am a licensed professional in another business in several other states that has nothing to do with firearms.

Firearms to me are sort of like jewels, fine watches and the like.

Gun smithing is something I like as much as shooting. Some pistols are just as delicate to work on as a fine watch. It takes years to master. I'm able to do some precision work beyond basic trigger jobs, etc. but not a master.

Thanks for your reply!
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Overall, I think that Gun People are the best friends you can have, especially those w/ CCWs. They have proven to be honest & trustworthy.

I shoot IDPA, IPSC and ATA Trap and have made very good friends in each sport
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I cannot see myself being overly friendly with anti gun people. Everyone I know around here is into guns since hunting is big around here. Im not the only one who carries.

Back home in Florida many of my friends and I shot clays at the local range. Im the only one out of these friends who carries though.

Round here the po-po do not have a problem with folks carrying and are supportive of CWP. In fact, most of the LEO's are the CWP instructors.

A positive attitude is a great thing to have.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Links