Well, I guess no carry for me when visiting KS - Page 3

Well, I guess no carry for me when visiting KS

This is a discussion on Well, I guess no carry for me when visiting KS within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rexster is correct in both posts. For forty years I kept my family safe with my mind and a backup set of physical skills. As ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Rexster is correct in both posts. For forty years I kept my family safe with my mind and a backup set of physical skills. As I reach the seasoned years, my mind tells me I now have to rely upon a backup set of pistol skills. Still, the mind is the main line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by tradermike69 View Post
    Hey Guys. I am new and taken my CCW. Waiting for my Permit, But my map of CCW. Reiprocity, Kansas is an orange state, which means they honor CCW from Indiana? and Missouri? Is this not right? the ones that are white are or, ca, ne, wy ia wi, il,ny, ma, nj, ri, me, so this map should be current, hope this helps. New and still learning though.
    Kansas does NOT recognize a permit from Indiana but they do recognize a Missouri permit. Best place I've found to build a CCW map is USA Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You cannot carry a loaded handgun in a car in Ks without a Concealed handgun license,the only way to carry is the weapon has to be locked in the cargo compartment seperate from ammo as per federal transport regulations
    I wouldn't want anyone to get into hot water over what I say here, but I don't believe you are correct. At least as indicated on OpenCarry.org, Kansas is an open carry state. Lived here my whole life and it was always my understanding that a loaded gun in the vehicle was O.K. as long as it was in plain sight. The BIG problem is that the state does not have preemption for open carry so most medium to large municipalities (definitely Topeka) have ordinances against open carry.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Tradermike69 still confused? LOL

My instructor says that a CCW from Missouri, will be honored in these states in, orange, Is that not right I realize they have different statuets, For other weapons, So my CCW is not honored there? Still fuzzy on it,This law became effective August 28, 2007
    Missouri's concealed carry law provides recognition of concealed weapons endorsements from every state that issues them. Below is a map and a list showing which states recognize Missouri concealed-carry endorsements.

Weapons laws in different states can and do have different definitions and restrictions. Because of those differences, Missourians who have CCW endorsements and are planning to carry concealed weapons while traveling in and through the states that now recognize Missouri endorsements may still want to contact law enforcement authorities in those states to clarify any specific questions.

Map showing concealed carry reciprocity with Missouri

Concealed carry reciprocity with Missouri
    States honoring a Missouri endorsement to carry a concealed weapon
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Colorado
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nevada
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    New Hampshire
    New Mexico
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    States NOT honoring a Missouri endorsement to carry a concealed weapon
    California
    Connecticut
    Hawaii
    Iowa
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Nebraska
    New Jersey
    New York
    Oregon
    Rhode Island
    Wyoming
    States that do not issue endorsements to carry a concealed weapon
    Illinois
    Wisconsin
    So here is the address if you want to see the whole map,, Missouri Attorney General click on law enforcement, then concealed carry,

Thumbs up Sorry Guy's My Mistake!!

CVHOSS.. is correct, very good map, he pointed me too, I am from Missouri and have carry in Kansas, And its weird that Indiana, will reconize Kansas but Kansas won't reconize Indiana,, Very good map thanks Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Kansas does NOT recognize a permit from Indiana but they do recognize a Missouri permit. Best place I've found to build a CCW map is USA Carry.

---------- snip -----------

Hoss
    Thanks for the link, Hoss..... usacarry.com is a great site...

As I mentioned in another thread....... at one time I had non-resident permits for PA, FL, and UT... to go along with my resident CO permit. I've sensed dropped buy me much (if anything)

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links