Surprising comment

Surprising comment

This is a discussion on Surprising comment within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I spend about three hours a day in a small vehicle with an individual who I am pretty sure leans pretty far to the left. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprising comment

Surprising comment

I spend about three hours a day in a small vehicle with an individual who I am pretty sure leans pretty far to the left. I am far to the other end of the political spectrum and am much younger, so I avoid political discussions. I operate the vehicle and he sits in the back to my right. I carry every day and he has no idea as far as I know. (sorry to be vague about what we do, but I am slightly paranoid).

So the other day we were talking about the guy who murdered all those people in Binghamton, and I made a comment something like, "well if they'd let more people carry concealed weapons in New York, this kind of thing would happen less often." I then told him the story about the guy who tried to rob the Burger King in Miami recently. To my utter shock and amazement, he said, "Yeah EVERYONE should carry concealed weapons! People should be afraid to do that kind of stuff." The irony was so thick I laughed out loud because he sits within 2 feet of my M&P for hours every day, and I highly doubt he votes for pro-gun candidates (if he votes at all).

I have a feeling if more of the public heard about events like that Burger King robbery, they would be much more open to people carrying. Maybe they would begin to understand that criminals don't need a permit to use a gun to commit a crime, but citizens need a way to carry legally in order to protect each other from criminals.

Enjoy the irony, but I wouldn't tell him about your little friend.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If he was being serious, why not? Invite him to the range and you very well might convert him over. He already expressed support.

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    If he was being serious, why not? Invite him to the range and you very well might convert him over. He already expressed support.
    Well, he didn't say what he did for a living...what if being armed meant certain dismissal?
    If he shared his secret, it could come back to haunt him later.
    Friends can turn...
    OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

yep, keep your mouth shut and do not reveal your armed status is my advice.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And if you ever get into a crisis and you need to defend your life you can tell your friend that he's on his own and you're not going to protect him, then see what he has to say about that! He'll be another to be slaughtered.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    sure - go shooting with him. By your comment he knows you are pro gun but NEVER let a coworker know you carry concealed.

For some people, pro gun isn't the only factor in their voting. I know a guy who is a flaming liberal voter but very pro gun and going for his CCW in the next couple weeks. That's probably a huge reason why the forum doesn't want partisian discussions here.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    +1. I got the impression from your writing that concealed and SECRET was important in your situation. Whether it is work or other reasons that you chauffuer the left-leaner in the back seat, stick to your previous inclinations : secret.

One positive pro-gun statement is not enuff to change your behaviour. Remember that Liberalism is a mental disorder (and not prone to be consistent in thought or action). Good luck.

VIP Member
    Talk is cheap.

I know many Lib's and most of them are big on "some one should DO something", but when it comes down to putting thier shoulder to the wheel, they always have an excuse not to.

Keep talking to the guy is my opinion. See where his conversation leads HIM. If he is an undiscovered sheepdog, he'll come to it on hisown. If not, you are not hanging in the wind. JMO
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

VIP Member
    The irony would be him carrying a 1911 that you aren't aware of!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Now that would be ironic...
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Remember, there ARE such a thing as what are called "Blue Dogs", democrats who are socially conservative in some ways (especially gun rights and taxes).

Blue Dog Coalition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even those who lean left can be for 2A. :)
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

LOL I bet the older liberal guy is packin!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I didn't know that I had to be a republican to carry....... for all you know your friend might be carrying too. Supporting the 2nd Amendment isn't confined to either end of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    For some people, pro gun isn't the only factor in their voting. I know a guy who is a flaming liberal voter but very pro gun and going for his CCW in the next couple weeks. That's probably a huge reason why the forum doesn't want partisian discussions here.
    OOPS. I didn't mean to start any political debates sorry about that. He very well could be a pistol packing communist for all I know.

I was never considering revealing that I carry. I agree with everyone who emphasized that concealed means concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Now that WOULD be ironic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links