A day for celebration

This is a discussion on A day for celebration within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I had a day off work today. So I thought I would take advantage of it and do something very important. Today I renewed ...

Thread: A day for celebration

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

A day for celebration

Well I had a day off work today. So I thought I would take advantage of it and do something very important. Today I renewed my concealed carry permit. I am legal until 2012. This is the first time I have gone through the renewal process. Total time invested about an hour. Not a bad return on my time investment.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow that was easy. Good deal. I hope it is as easy when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Well I had a day off work today. So I thought I would take advantage of it and do something very important. Today I renewed my concealed carry permit. I am legal until 2012. This is the first time I have gone through the renewal process. Total time invested about an hour. Not a bad return on my time investment.
    Mike
    Sounds like you didn't have to mess around with 'mail and wait'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like you didn't have to mess around with 'mail and wait'?
    No just stopped by the Sheriffs Office with my renewal notice and $50.00 They ran me through the computer handed me my paper work and off to the Driver License Bureau for a new ID.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Good deal!

Excellent! Congrats!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Wow, I wish it was that easy for me!! Every time I have renewed I have to take the written exam and 50 rounds on the range.

Congrats!!

Mike
    Looks like a "renewal" is going to be the backlash here in NY over the Binghamton shootings. Even the pro gun and NRA reps are backing it now as they are saying if the shooter had to renew he would have never been allowed to keep his guns and permits due to his mental decline.

As of right now our permits are good forever.

No just stopped by the Sheriffs Office with my renewal notice and $50.00 They ran me through the computer handed me my paper work and off to the Driver License Bureau for a new ID.
    Mike

I wish Michigan had such a easy renewal. Must go through the process again, except you mark a box on the application "renewal", then wait, and wait, and wait.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Mike
    Man your lucky. It's becoming a pain in the butt to do it in Texas.

Well done. I will be renewing my (and my wife's) TN permit next year for the first time. We just moved here a little over 3 years ago, had our Alabama permits for about 14 years, never had a problem with the renewal process. Did it through the mail. That was pretty sweet.

And it only took about a week to do it through the mail. If you did it in person, it took 10 minutes.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by community View Post
    I wish Michigan had such a easy renewal. Must go through the process again, except you mark a box on the application "renewal", then wait, and wait, and wait.
    At least we didn't have to sit in front of the review board and take another class. That saved us a little time. I wonder how in NY the state of the man's mental health would have played into him not getting a renewal. If you say you do not have a mental illness they have to take you at your word unless you are criminally insane. Your medical records are protected under the privacy act. At least that is what I was told.

Wow I didn't realize I had it so good here. Sorry all of you don't have it like we do.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Looks like a "renewal" is going to be the backlash here in NY over the Binghamton shootings. Even the pro gun and NRA reps are backing it now as they are saying if the shooter had to renew he would have never been allowed to keep his guns and permits due to his mental decline.

As of right now our permits are good forever.

I never considered that, you are right. Mine says "Good Until Revoked". I wonder how long before Patterson starts to slap $500 fees on renewals.

Patterson. Ha! Now there's a guy with no vision whatsoever.

Links