32 Days and still nothing, Texas

This is a discussion on 32 Days and still nothing, Texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has been 32 days and I have not recieved any notification from the DPS stating they have received my packet. Is this unusual? Is ...

Thread: 32 Days and still nothing, Texas

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

32 Days and still nothing, Texas

It has been 32 days and I have not recieved any notification from the DPS stating they have received my packet. Is this unusual? Is it possible thet they havent even broke the deal on the envelope?

2. Remove Ads

Hello,
    No, DPS will not let you know they recieved your packet. I hope you mailed it to them with certified mail and return address reciept. That way you will know they got your package. If you dont have pin nbr, you should get it anytime now.

Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    Hello,
    No, DPS will not let you know they recieved your packet. I hope you mailed it to them with certified mail and return address reciept. That way you will know they got your package. If you dont have pin nbr, you should get it anytime now.
    I did certify it. They received it 3/9/09. I emailed the DPS and got a pin#. Their webpage says my status No Certificate/ Lisence Active.

VIP Member
    Some DPS websites provide estimates on processing while stating it could take the maximum of XYZ weeks. Still, if your name is similar to some bad guys, you moved a lot, you have a wrinkle in your passed that is resolved, but may not be properly recorded; are just some of the possible reasons for a delay. Of course, there is always the big one that the system is simply bogged down with a higher number of applications than usual.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I did certify it. They received it 3/9/09. I emailed the DPS and got a pin#. Their webpage says my status No Certificate/ Lisence Active.
    Did you click status under Concealed Handgun License, not under Concealed handgun Instructor certificate ? It happens to me before and it shows no certificiate and realized that I click wrong section.

Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    Did you click status under Concealed Handgun License, not under Concealed handgun Instructor certificate ? It happens to me before and it shows no certificiate and realized that I click wrong section.
    I clicked the correct section

Hmmm, i'm not sure why they can't tell you any information on your application. Everytime i've called, I've given them my social and they can look up to see where my application is in the grand scheme of things. Today I called and I am waiting on my last background check to go through. Tomorrow is day 60 since they received my application.....hoping I hear something within the next few days.

I have contacted my state senator's office and one of her office staff is checking into my application to see what the hold up is. I don't see why DPS can't tell you any information about your application, especially if it is saying that when you log in on the website to check status........
    Yep, I'm a Male Nurse.....Focker

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

Hang in there buddy. Mine took 120 days or so and my Wife's was around 90 days (she forgot to sign the last page).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

CCL application

Doesn't sound like a big wait in TX. I submitted my appl 90 days ago in FL and they said I'm not even in the system yet. They expect about a 5-6 month wait. They cashed the check though for the fee the next week after I sent it in.

Just hang in there, it will be in the mail soon...and it will be worth the wait.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 on the just hang in there. I submitted mine october 22nd and i got the email this past monday that the plastic is 7-10 days in the mail.

Links