FL members, whats the phone # .....

This is a discussion on FL members, whats the phone # ..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ventri I called today for mine also. I submitted the application Jan 15. They told me today that they were still processing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FL members, whats the phone # .....

Quote Originally Posted by ventri View Post
    I called today for mine also. I submitted the application Jan 15. They told me today that they were still processing apps from Dec. My uddy called for his which he submitted a week before me and they told him the same thing. They told both of us to call back in 4-6 weeks, and not to expect any results until late May.

Each time we've called same answer...not until about end of May for when we submitted ours. And I actually got teh application last Oct but just procrastinated. Sucks for me.
    Isn't going over 90 days against the law? They expect us to believe that four months is acceptable?

2. Remove Ads

JRI
    Keep in mind that the number of applications have increased in recent years and soared, out of sight, since the election. You still have the same number of staff processing while the number of applications have increased. Delays should be expected and are only made worse by calling to see where you stand in the que. I don't think you are going to see the 30-90 day turn arounds until the back log is cleared up.

The good news is that there is strength in numbers and with the increase of CCL I don't see how any weapons ban can ever be passed.

My cousin mailed on December 9th, they got it on the 12th.

119 days later it was "processed"

He still has not recieved it.

I've posted in another thread about the length of time if took for me to get my FL license. I mailed my application in late october 2008, check was cashed the first week of November 2008.

I called a little after 90 days to follow up and was told about the backlog. I waited another month, and still no license. So, I started calling every couple of days asking to speak with a supervisor about the delay. I never did speak with a supervisor, kept getting told a message had been left for one to call me. Finally, after having made three such calls over the course of a week the license finally arrived. Perhaps this was coincidental(?), but I feel like I might still be waiting if I had not started calling frequently. 4.5 months to get a license seems way to long?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

they had to hire upwards of 50 people in tallahassee to keep up with the increase in applicants. If I remember right the actual number was 72 but don't quote me on that. People are applying in large numbers. Think of it as a good holster or belt, the more well known the maker becomes the more demand there is for that particular item, which in turn makes the wait longer. In most cases however the wait is more than worth it. Back in '06 i sent my app off a couple weeks into august after i turned 21 and took the class. i recieved it in time for local gun shop's annual sale @ end of october. actual issue date is the 9th of 06.

On the plus side though. Your permits will be good for 7 years where as mine is only good for 5 until i have to renew in 2011.

enjoy the wait. we all have to play the waiting game @ one time or another. Besides its the government just be glad it doesn't take YEARS to do like some other seemingly simple tasks

Quote Originally Posted by xzybit View Post
    I submitted mine 1/20 so they should have had it by 1/22..it's been almost 80 days. They cashed my check 3/3. I called about a week ago and they had no information, it hadn't been issued and to call back later for some reason..it's getting close to 90 days but I think they for some reason think it's 90 days from when they cash the check. I did electronic fingerprints as well which should have saved some time.
    I submitted my renewal on 1/23,
    issued on 3/19
    Postmark 4/7
    Mailbox 4/9

and that is a renewal, just cash check, tickle the keyboard and print...fortunately and unfortunately there are record numbers of applicants.... More armed citizens: good, Bad the wait in line...
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

I know this is an old thread, just wanna update.
    I took the advise and tried the e-mail route.
    Got this today:

Mr. Cxxxxxx:

Our records indicate your license was issued on 04/27/09. If you have not received this license in 20-25 business days from the issuance date, please contact our office at 850-245-5691.

Amanda F. Herring, Supervisor
    Florida Department of Agriculture
    Public Inquiry Section
    (850)245-5665Office (850)245-5655 Fax
    Herrina@doacs.state.fl.us

W00T!!!
    "If God did not want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat" 'Crabby125@CVN

I've learned one thins with applications....

When I applied for my greencard, the wait time was about 5-6 months MINIMUM, usually more; close to 1 year...

well I called and called and finally got to someone a bit higher up, they pulled my application and said yes we have it, and its being processed... I guess I got lucky and she must have approved it on the spot, because within 2 weeks of that the green card interview came, when I told my lawyer, she couldn't believe it because it took me 2 months to get it, its really unheard of....

so call and try to talk to someone higher up once you wait about 45 days

Quote Originally Posted by r2dac View Post
    I know this is an old thread, just wanna update.
    I took the advise and tried the e-mail route.
    Got this today:

Mr. Cxxxxxx:

Our records indicate your license was issued on 04/27/09. If you have not received this license in 20-25 business days from the issuance date, please contact our office at 850-245-5691.

Amanda F. Herring, Supervisor
    Florida Department of Agriculture
    Public Inquiry Section
    (850)245-5665Office (850)245-5655 Fax
    Herrina@doacs.state.fl.us

W00T!!!
    Congrats r2dac!

BTW, if you are ANYTHING like your avatar, I don't care what God or the Constitution says, you shouldn't be carrying a pencil, let alone a firearm.

Just pulling your leg.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

FL guys will have to wait. It's madness the amount of CCW apps sent in as of late.
    I handed mine in at the end of Sep, & got in at the end of dec.

I saw a news report of this last month. They have 10K+ apps in bins with 10-12 people processing them. They are overwhelmed.

What is involved hat TAKES so long?

app goes in, they run our name through FDLE DB, and then fingerprints get run from FDLE orFBI , since they should have direct access to it, it should be as quick as typing name in. then run fingerprints via FBI I guess which should def not take that long... especially electronic way....

it was faster for me to get my green card!!! lol imagine how many people do that, and how many process it...

I just dont get it... how long does it really take?

It's pure volume now. 12 people to process 1000 apps a week? How long can you do that in?

Back a few years ago I heard of 2 week waits.

Also remember that FBI background checks take time these days. Anyone who's had to have 1 as part of a job can tell you.
    I work for a stock trading company & had to have fingerprints & background done. Takes about 3 weeks for that to come back.

I feel your pain.

My wife wants to get her permit in WV. A month or so ago, I put her on the list to recieve a letter when the next class will be held.

I personally talked with our County Sheriff yesterday and he says that over 120 applicants are on the list right now and he won't be able due to other duties to get the classes going until AFTER Memorial day. It sucks, but what else can we do at this point except wait.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; April 30th, 2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: word spacing
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Much of the processing time is not directly controlled by the processors. They have to open all the mail and initially input it. The have to check for mistakes in your application. They have to run your prints. If your prints were done electronically, they need to be matched to your paperwork. They have to run NCIS after the prints come back clean, takes a day or so.

I would guess the huge time waster is initial application processing and data input, followed by having to touch each application 4-5 times as it travels through the process. It is done assembly line. so there is AT LEAST a day lost between each step as it processes from one office to the next.

So in short, cut the people (mostly VERY helpful people) some well deserved slack. I know the law says 100 days, but it does not provide for funding to handle this Obama created demand bubble. The Florida legislature HAS provided significant extra funds to attempt to expedite the process. IMO those who are complaining, should be thankful for that.

As the saying goes, a mistake on your part does not create an emergency on their part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links