College carry MO. Please hit this poll

This is a discussion on College carry MO. Please hit this poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Home | KSDK.com | St. Louis, MO its about half way downn on the main page on the right side. Also on the website a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College carry MO. Please hit this poll

College carry MO. Please hit this poll

Home | KSDK.com | St. Louis, MO

its about half way downn on the main page on the right side. Also on the website a seperate story about it and you can post comments.

Please help us out!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Yes, yes, yes. Please hit this!

Web Poll
    The Missouri House approved a bill allowing concealed guns on college campuses. Do you think that is a good idea?
    Yes 1390 Votes
    No 993 Votes

2383 Total Votes

Earlier this evening we were loosing 3 to 1. Nice turnaround!
    NRA Life Member

yes 1446
    no 993

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Done-1466 yes
    999 No

Good deal, keep hitting it DCers.

I victory in one state will flow over to others.

VIP Member
    Voted Yes. Current results:

The Missouri House approved a bill allowing concealed guns on college campuses. Do you think that is a good idea?
    Yes 1503 Votes
    No 1009 Votes
    2512 Total Votes
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Voted, but why would you want college kids to have guns?!? (note extreme sarcasm)

As a college student myself, I do not appreciate having the right to defend myself taken away. I still have a few years until I'm 21, so hopefully by then some legislature will have made it through...

Yes 1534
    No 1012

I hope something like this comes to Florida.... (I voted in poll anyway ;) )

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. Please hit this!

Web Poll
    Yes 1390 Votes
    No 993 Votes

2383 Total Votes

Earlier this evening we were loosing 3 to 1. Nice turnaround!

Friend,

I'm NRA and all for 2nd amendment rights. It just happens that I'm Old and tired. I have children to protect too besides my rights. I'm not sure this is a good thing.

When the Nam war was on we were all crazy. The voting age was changed to 18 and for awhile the drinking age in many states was also changed to 18.

I'm just not so sure what is right now. I don't carry at work and don't feel this should be much different on any college campus.

Just my two cents.

I live in Missouri, am CCW, I'm a certified gunsmith.

I just don't want to see any more kids with mental excuses committing mass murder. It has happened too often in the recent the past.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Voted...

1640...or 61%

1040...or 39%
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Voted yes. Here's the current results:

Yes 1642
    No 1042
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Senior Moderator
    Voted yes! Yes is still ahead.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    My yes vote is in
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Friend,

I'm NRA and all for 2nd amendment rights. It just happens that I'm Old and tired. I have children to protect too besides my rights. I'm not sure this is a good thing.

When the Nam war was on we were all crazy. The voting age was changed to 18 and for awhile the drinking age in many states was also changed to 18.

I'm just not so sure what is right now. I don't carry at work and don't feel this should be much different on any college campus.

Just my two cents.

I live in Missouri, am CCW, I'm a certified gunsmith.

I just don't want to see any more kids with mental excuses committing mass murder. It has happened too often in the recent the past.
    Sir, I respect your right to your opinion, but I will offer another side.

I'm NRA and all for 2nd ammendment rights. I too am getting old and tired. I have a child to protect besides my rights. I believe allowing her to arm herself is better than being a sitting duck like those at Virginia Tech and so many other places.

Nam... different times, different issues.

Whether I carry at work or not has no relevance as to whether my daughter should be able to protect herself.

I live in Missouri, have a CCW, and often visit certified gunsmiths to look at their guns.

I just don't want to see any more kids with mental excuses committing mass murder.
    Exactly why I want my daughter to have the legal right to protect herself in college. Nothing is stopping kids with mental cases now from shooting schools up. All the current law is doing is preventing others from having a better means to protect themselves when some nutjob goes on a shooting rampage.

It has happened too often in the recent the past.
    Exactly. Gun-free zones don't work. The shooter shoots until he chooses to stop or is confronted by someone with a gun.

I can understand why the college doesn't want guns in the dorms. I would even go along with that. But colleges are not violence-free zones. Anyone who has been watching the news is aware of this.

Same old argument: when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. The gun control laws only disarm law-abiding citizens. Someone with mental issues or a violent bent will always find a way to get a gun. It has been proven again and again the gun-free zones don't stop murderers. I believe students should have the right to protect themselves regardless of what those in the ivory towers think and feel.

If an active shooter shows up where my daughter is attending college, I want her to have options other than trying to run, curling up in a fetal position, hiding, or waiting for the police to arrive. All those options have been tried recently by students who were gunned down and killed on the spot. Those options are not good enough for me. If we refuse to allow our children the means to protect themselves, what kind of parents are we?

I have a feeling it will be an uphill battle with the governor. Perhaps it will pass, but my guess is we'll need enough votes to override a veto before it will become law.

Yes 1671 Votes 61%
    No 1075 Votes 39%

2746 Total Votes

I voted a big YES!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links