The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

Administrator
    calthegoose likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Really. Are we doing this again?

Although if I enter a public restroom and a grown man has his pants down to his ankles, I will be holding it for a while longer.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    My Dad was mugged while he stood at a urinal in the restroom at a very nice hotel in the early 1980's. The mugger took his gold watch and wallet and the cash he had in his front right pocket. My father was armed with a S&W .38 in an Alessi ankle holster and was caught completly off guard. My Dad was unhurt and the robber was never caught.

It just goes to show how vulnerable we are when we are in a public restroom either with your pants down or using the urinal.

Also go's to show how effective an ankle holster is.
    Hopyard likes this.

i dont want to get any mist on my clothes
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Also go's to show how effective an ankle holster is.
    True, but perhaps a belt holster or pocket holster could have resulted in a stolen gun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I take a different tack. I scout out the public restroom for a half an hour before going. I want to make sure no one has spotted my weapon and is waiting for me knowing my eating and bathroom habits.

Once the restroom is deemed free of potential attackers, I usually give $20 to someone nearby to alert me if someone is about to enter. If I hear the secret signal, I zip up, take cover and assess the next move based on the actions of the intruder. If I am in a stall then I deploy my BUG, as well. I shoot with both hands!

You can't be too careful! Anywhere, anytime!
    Shirly you must be kidding...

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I take a different tack. I scout out the public restroom for a half an hour before going. I want to make sure no one has spotted my weapon and is waiting for me knowing my eating and bathroom habits.

Once the restroom is deemed free of potential attackers, I usually give $20 to someone nearby to alert me if someone is about to enter. If I hear the secret signal, I zip up, take cover and assess the next move based on the actions of the intruder. If I am in a stall then I deploy my BUG, as well. I shoot with both hands!

You can't be too careful! Anywhere, anytime!
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Shirly you must be kidding...
    You're quoting a post that's over two years old from a banned member...And DON'T call him Shirly.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    My Dad was mugged while he stood at a urinal in the restroom at a very nice hotel in the early 1980's. The mugger took his gold watch and wallet and the cash he had in his front right pocket. My father was armed with a S&W .38 in an Alessi ankle holster and was caught completly off guard. My Dad was unhurt and the robber was never caught.

It just goes to show how vulnerable we are when we are in a public restroom either with your pants down or using the urinal.
    Also says something about ankle holsters.

A colleague was followed in to a bathroom by a man who saw him in his nice suit and lizard cowboy boots and assumed he was an easy target. BG threatened him through his coat pocket with a nonexistent gun. My colleague is a 3 tour Iraq veteran, and former Command Sgt Major of the National Guard in our state. He carries his duty weapon a Glock 23 in a crossdraw SERPA. He drew on the BG and the BG about wet himself. He cuffed him and waited for backup to arrive. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I go on trips with by friend to help him with his properties in Va and NC, from Central Florida. We travel I4, and I95 almost all the way.being older, we have to use rest stops along the way. Usually the car is loaded with tools or other valuables, so we go separately. I use a stall, and close the door. If I sit for #2, I take my gun and IWB holster off the belt and put it in my pocket while standing. Then transfer it back when finished.
    When we stop for lunch, we stop at fast food places where we can see the car from the eating area. Anther thing we do is get a sub sandwhich at a drive thru, and eat a little bit at a time along the way. Minimizes the exposure.
    So, far we have had no problems.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Public restrooms always give me the creeps. After reading this thread I will be using stalls more often.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I just go in the bathroom and take care of business.

If anyone wants to start something, I'll take care of that when it happens
    Great post! I mean really, now we have to be "tactical" with our johnsons? I guess if it really bothers the OP you could grab a stall and sit to pee like a woman while covering the stall door with your weapon. I am already pretty aware of my surroundings when my little friend is out and about so I am not going to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bfr57 View Post
    I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation as your back is turned away from the door, or what's behind you, not bragging hear, but your hands are taking care of business, and you're in a really precarious position with "it" hanging out. After analyzing this situations, I've started using stalls w/doors, locking them, and staying observant to anyone in the restroom or coming in.
    I always use a stall, for the reasons you cited.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I just go in the bathroom and take care of business.

If anyone wants to start something, I'll take care of that when it happens
    This. Jesus, people...some y'all are pretty paranoid. Take a leak and get on with it.
    Last edited by JD; November 7th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Majorlk likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protek View Post
    I always use a stall, and sit down like a girl... oh wait a minute....

and for the record, I don't just let my pants drop onto the floor... that's gross.
    I agree on not letting the pants touch the ground (in any position.)

This, incidentally, allows for a great place to stow your holstered firearm whilst doing your business...your underwear. The holster will not be visable above the pants, & you don't have to worry about it falling to the ground.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Links