The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bfr57 I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation ...

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfr57 View Post
    I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation as your back is turned away from the door, or what's behind you, not bragging hear, but your hands are taking care of business, and you're in a really precarious position with "it" hanging out. After analyzing this situations, I've started using stalls w/doors, locking them, and staying observant to anyone in the restroom or coming in.
    Don't make me turn around.

2. Remove Ads

Just Pee in the parking lot--I saw this in person in Farmerville La last year at dusky dark.

Forty four years ago, we were at a Texas Farm Bureau Convention in the old Rice Hotel in Houston. Three of us in suits were at the urinals in the lobby bathroom when a LARGE GUY with a LARGE SWITCHBLADE told us to give up our wallets while waving all that stainless around--I told the Houston PD officer I thought it was a sword. This was long before CHL and my gun was in my truck in the garage. Needless to say, 3 of us gave him exactly what he asked for. With your equipment in one hand and getting wallet with the other, I think all three of us wet our boot or worse. It seems this perp had been active in downtown hotels for months. $400 lesson and go to the shoeshine stand for a clean up. This was before many of us farm folks owned a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I've always considered a public urinal to be a perfect place to get easily disarmed. You can't really see behind you, your hand(s) are probably in front of you, and it wouldn't be hard for someone to grab your weapon from you if they noticed somehow you were carrying (maybe an accidental print).
    Just another reason why I like Appendix carry!
    Flasher likes this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by IADC43 View Post
    Always restroom CCW in packs of 3
    post one CCWer at the door, the second CCWer with his back to the far wall, scanning the entrance and the window, if there is one. CCWer #3 uses the facilities.
    Rotate the tactical positions as needed for total team relief. wash up, high five each other and exit in the wedge formation.
    Slacker. . We usually post one guy prone on top of the stalls with a scoped .308 remmy to provide high cover and anti-sniper defense. . .
    CountryGal, Sister and TomC51 like this.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcvojak View Post
    Slacker. . We usually post one guy prone on top of the stalls with a scoped .308 remmy to provide high cover and anti-sniper defense. . .
    Nice! Someone would have to be pretty low (and gutsy) to take a man down while peeing.

I always use a stall for the reasons listed above. Better to stay safe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I've always considered a public urinal to be a perfect place to get easily disarmed. You can't really see behind you, your hand(s) are probably in front of you, and it wouldn't be hard for someone to grab your weapon from you if they noticed somehow you were carrying (maybe an accidental print).
    Just another reason why I like Appendix carry!
    ...another reason I carry a holster with retention, and maintain awareness of people in the room coming in/leaving
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

This thread has gone longer than any I've seen so far, and it points out very scary vulnerability to such a degree that I'm surprised someone hasn't already opened up a training program to address. I'm thinking something like "Combat/Tactical Urination" (or simply "pee-shooting") that would develop and hone one's ambidextrous skills in both stationary mode and offensive/defensive mobility mode.

I can envision Block-1 of the program as practicing the art of deploying the software gun with the "weak" hand, commense firing, and maintain constant target aquisition without deviation while simultaniously drawing the hardware gun with the "strong" hand and accurately point-shooting pop-up targets coming up all around you.

Block-2 of the program would be running through a tactical/combat course with Willie in one hand and your .45 in the other while continually being assailed by pop-up targets consisting of BG's, buckets, children, terrorists, urinals, and fluffy kittens that would not only develop ones' instant "friend or foe" recognition skills, but also polish the ambidextrous eye-hand coordination necessary to fire the proper weapon at the proper target - sometimes simultaniously - while accurately hitting all targets with minimal collateral damage.

Block-3 would move into group training by assembling SWAT teams (simultaneous wizz assault team) that would practice forced entry and room-to-room clearing drills with both weapons blazing away - targets going down or washed away - whoaaa, awesome!!

Obviously the training problem would be for men only since women lack adequate software or mobility during pee-firing operations to maintain any degree of accuracy on the run toward multiple or moving targets. However, women still have a major tactical advantage by always having their back to a wall or tree as a rear guard, naturally facing the approach direction of any possible assailant during tactical operations, and have the ability to carry out operations with both hands free to hold and fire a hardware weapon in each one.

OK, so where do I enroll??

I wish I could remember the movie where the hero is it the urinal and the BG approaches. Hero turns around and a pistol is pointing out his fly and he blasts BG. Maybe after this thread there will be a run on smart carries and J-frames to employ this discreet two handed tactic, one for each "gun" until the situation is deemed clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    This thread has gone longer than any I've seen so far, and it points out very scary vulnerability to such a degree that I'm surprised someone hasn't already opened up a training program to address. I'm thinking something like "Combat/Tactical Urination" (or simply "pee-shooting") that would develop and hone one's ambidextrous skills in both stationary mode and offensive/defensive mobility mode.
    I thought every kid had a pee-shooter when they were young ... or maybe it was a pea-shooter? :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by bfr57 View Post
    I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation as your back is turned away from the door, or what's behind you, not bragging hear, but your hands are taking care of business, and you're in a really precarious position with "it" hanging out. After analyzing this situations, I've started using stalls w/doors, locking them, and staying observant to anyone in the restroom or coming in.
    Using the stall with a locking door, even just to urinate, has been my practice since I got my first permit over 20 years ago. I just see too much possibility of someone coming up behind you and pushing you up against the wall/urinal and disarming you. And I have seen way, way too many concealed carriers who aren't concealing very well who are oblivious to the fact that they are letting everyone know they have a gun as well as if they were open carrying to not think about disarm attempts.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member
    Gosh, I had not considered how opportune it would be for a bg to cause problems in a public restroom. Thanks for educating me. I will definately be more vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Don't make me turn around.
    I am reminded of the scene in the men's room with Robert Redford in the movie "The Candidate".

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I wish I could remember the movie where the hero is it the urinal and the BG approaches. Hero turns around and a pistol is pointing out his fly and he blasts BG. Maybe after this thread there will be a run on smart carries and J-frames to employ this discreet two handed tactic, one for each "gun" until the situation is deemed clear.
    Dusk to Dawn?

One of the guys had a gun (firearm) that would um. . . "pop out" and fire. . .
    Last edited by bcvojak; November 15th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Distinguished Member
    dele
    Last edited by oldnfat; November 15th, 2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: wrong placing in thread

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Links