The Official "Restroom Thread" - Page 16

The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever I haven't read the whole thread, but seriously? I understand that assaults and such do take place in restrooms, but the ...

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but seriously? I understand that assaults and such do take place in restrooms, but the fact of life is that a person cannot always be 100% ready for everything. Sometimes you just have to do something that isn't going to be called tactically sound. I'm not talking doing something stupid like pumping gas at 1am with a crowd of suspicious looking people nearby, but if I want to read the jacket of a book I'm going to do it without being afraid that I will be jumped by ninjas.

Unless I am pocket carrying I use a stall. Not for security purposes (Do you think that crappy door and that little bit of metal constituting a 'lock' will actually stop an attacker?) but for ease of being able to undo my pants without them being pulled to the floor by a pistol and ammo.
    No, that "crappy" (you don't mean dirty?) little door and lock won't stop anyone, and thats not the point. Most home doors/locks won't stop anyone either. The point of those things is to slow someone down and give you time to react. If someone is trying to break into a bathroom stall (or a home) they are going to make some noise and be noticed. That person trying to come into that stall is giving you time to react. Standing at a urinal with your back to everyone and no door is what gives you NO time to react.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Prefer stalls for either use and for sure a hook to hold my gun securely rather than on top of the paper holder where a bump could cause it to fall. Or rolled over the waist band in the belt holster into my drawers held high up between my legs.

Gun in restroom at DIA

Someone apparently doesn't have their restroom procedure down pat yet.
    Traveler finds handgun in DIA restroom | Video | 9news.com

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I never thought about it until this post.I'll continue to use urinals as I am confident to steer clear of areas places that are poorly lit
    no foot traffic.When I come across places like that my radar goes up !

Wow...just go, do your stuff and leave..got enough to worry about without getting killed trying to pee...

Just curious...any of the "stall" guys park on the side of a convenience store and glance inside before going inside? Im just wondering if the guys who are worried about being ambushed are equally concerned about walking into one...

I think an assailant would just kick the stall door in (and right into your back)...but then again, having my head knocked into the wall a half a foot in front of me doesn't seen too pleasant.

Sheesh...maybe I'll just hold it till I get home.
    Down, right, aft...

I am curious if you "stall pee'ers" lift the seat? I hate running into the restroom for and emergency dump and all the seats are covered in PEE!!! ARRRRG!
    rottkeeper and cfd335 like this.
    Glock 26 Gen3 (EDC)
    Glock 21 Gen2 (HD)

I normally say" hey buddy, hold this, will ya?", then I have the restroom all to myself!

I had a guy try to strong arm me and my buddy in a restroom at a bar once. He walked in and stood in front of the door and said give all your money. I pulled out my Spyderco and said I dont think so. He stood there for a second and then backed out the door. My buddy was freaking out and about started crying. I did not carry then and would not have had a pistol at a bar anyways, but I allways have a knife. ALWAYS be prepared!

CARRY ON!
    ironmike86 likes this.

Re: The Official "Restroom Thread"

I am weird i don't use public restrooms.:o

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7en.US View Post
    I am weird i don't use public restrooms.:o
    I guess you don't travel unless you have a motor home. LOL. I am the same, don't use public restrooms unless i have no other choice and then it is the stall.....
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I just started carrying (MTAC about 3:30-4:00 position) and haven't used a public restroom yet while carrying, but when I do next I'll just use a stall. I'm not paranoid about being jumped or something, it's just easier to keep the pistol out of sight.

Re: The Official "Restroom Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I guess you don't travel unless you have a motor home. LOL. I am the same, don't use public restrooms unless i have no other choice and then it is the stall.....
    No RVs here bro. I' got talent. I've learned to use a Snapple bottle rather than pull up to a "gross" public restroom. Just too many weirdos, and uncle pervies at the restrooms.

When using a public urinal, it would seem prudent to handle your gun with your weak hand, and keep your strong hand free in case you have to draw your weapon. ;)

(Apologies if somebody said this already. I haven't gone back through all 16 pages of the thread).

During 31 years in uniform I very seldom ever used public rest rooms. If emergency and I stopped in a place that I wasn't familiar with, I check it out. When I was in uniform I'ld hang the SB belt on the hook with my hat, but the weapon was there with me, never on a hook. I always maintained pocession of it.
    Even now, after retirement, I only use stalls where I have a door ... and if doing #2 the weapon is still laid in the crotch of my jeans if the holster is laced in my belt. In instances where I have an easily removable holster, the holstered wepon is so held.
    I have a few places I know well that the men's room has both urinal and toilet but just the one locking door, these are the only places I'll use a urinal. I never ever put my back to an unlocked door in a public restroom.
    NRA Life Member

Links