The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by David in MI Now that paints an interesting picture, doesn't it? lol I'm surprised that you didn't suffer from, "streamous interruptous." (pretty ...

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by David in MI View Post
    Now that paints an interesting picture, doesn't it? lol I'm surprised that you didn't suffer from, "streamous interruptous." (pretty impressed, actually)
    Well I did get kicked out of the game...was younger @ the time...like 19.

2. Remove Ads

If i am "doing my thing" and danger arises i will simply turn with everything hanging out and engage lol.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

VIP Member
    Good place and time to get robbed. Have a plan and be ready to fight.
    I too use a stall and watch my back with reflective surfaces if possible.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Peeing in Public Restrooms--Think about it!
    I have thought about it. I've pretty much thought that standing at a wall urinal is a good place to get hit with a kick to the middle of the back and put you in the hospital forever. Emergencies do arise on occasion, and when you gotta go....you gotta go. Survey the scene inside and outside, and make your best tactical decision as to when and where will reduce your risks. We're only talking 20-30 seconds here. Getting it out and in may require two hands, but during the act should only require one or none unless you're playing with it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I have thought about it. I've pretty much thought that standing at a wall urinal is a good place to get hit with a kick to the middle of the back and put you in the hospital forever. Emergencies do arise on occasion, and when you gotta go....you gotta go. Survey the scene inside and outside, and make your best tactical decision as to when and where will reduce your risks. We're only talking 20-30 seconds here.
    All too true, OR having your face/head slammed against the wall in front of you. No doubt "urinal time" leaves you vulnerable.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    All too true, OR having your face/head slammed against the wall in front of you. No doubt "urinal time" leaves you vulnerable.
    I know a guy who had that exact thing happen to him in a bar. It seems that someone had taken offense to something he supposedly did (he had no clue as he didn't know the guy and they hadn't exchanged words...guess the guy thought he was giving him a dirty look or something). Anyway, he was using the urinal and this guy he had never seen walked past him, as if heading for a urinal farther down the line, and slammed his face into the wall.

Ever since he told me that story I've had a mental block about using a urinal if anyone else is around...I usually just wait for a stall.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

OK this brings up a thought...

Check out my post titled "Bathroom stall story" in the Carry & Defensive Scenarios section...give me a minute to post it. I think that it is something worth thinking about.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Well I always try to use the stall... If im not so lucky I try to get the urin hole closest to the stall so I only have to watch one side. When using the urin hole my sc xd is in my right hand against my right leg holding up my pants or shorts while my left hand is against the wall. Been using this technique for about 2 years now never had any problems.

Just pee in the sink and use the mirror to watch your six.

Seriously, I've always used a stall.

If thinking about how vulnerable you are while using a urinal keeps you up at night, don't even start to think about elevators.

Oops. Now I've done it. Good luck getting any sleep tonight.

Joe

I just go in the bathroom and take care of business.

If anyone wants to start something, I'll take care of that when it happens

10-4
    nuff said

I have been in several situations in public restrooms that made me uncomfortable at the least and a little scared at the most with one being threatened while in a stall. Now that I carry I have noticed it kind of hard to keep the pistol from falling with the pants so I tend to try and use a stall. I rather have my back against the wall in a situation anyhow and for those who think stuff does not happen in a restroom there have been plenty of stories on the news abot muggins, rapes etc all in PR's. I don't loose sleep but I also try to be very aware when in those places.

I always use a stall. I carry at 3 o'clock OWB and find that it's difficult to keep my G30 concealed when standing in front of the urinal. I don't have to worry about it in the stall.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I have a habit of going in the handicap stall. (If I really have to go!)
    HC stalls offer more room for cover AND the toilet is usually not in "direct" line of fire with the door.

If I use the urinal, its (Always) the one on the far end. (usually the far right!)

I want to have the least amount of vulneralbility and this tact usually protects from attack on two sides instead of just one.

This means, I'll be more likely to keep my strong side free to grab my gun or offer a defensive blow should it be warranted.

The sad thing is that the restrooms where I feel the most vunerable are in places that serve alcohol. It's not legal to carry in those venues in this state. So, I guess I either break the law or carry a big knife.

i think i have it covered with a horizonal shoulder holster. wont go any further
    CIBMike likes this.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links