The Official "Restroom Thread" - Page 5

The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I echo using the stall sentiment. Besides, urinals are absolutely disgusting. Always a puddle of fresh or dried pee on the floor. Where are you ...

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

I echo using the stall sentiment. Besides, urinals are absolutely disgusting. Always a puddle of fresh or dried pee on the floor. Where are you people aiming?? But I digress.....
    HK45c V1

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    I echo using the stall sentiment. Besides, urinals are absolutely disgusting. Always a puddle of fresh or dried pee on the floor. Where are you people aiming?? But I digress.....
    I take a different tack. I scout out the public restroom for a half an hour before going. I want to make sure no one has spotted my weapon and is waiting for me knowing my eating and bathroom habits.

Once the restroom is deemed free of potential attackers, I usually give $20 to someone nearby to alert me if someone is about to enter. If I hear the secret signal, I zip up, take cover and assess the next move based on the actions of the intruder. If I am in a stall then I deploy my BUG, as well. I shoot with both hands!

You can't be too careful! Anywhere, anytime!

I agree with others, I just use a stall. It's not really so much about being afraid of what might happen to me with my back turned so much as not wanting people to see I'm carrying and having a bladder with stage fright.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

I carry hand sanitizer and lysol spray with me at all times. I think public restrooms are havens for viruses and bacteria that haven't been discovered yet. I don't use urinals after I started carrying. I wait for the stalls.

stall
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I take a different tack. I scout out the public restroom for a half an hour before going. I want to make sure no one has spotted my weapon and is waiting for me knowing my eating and bathroom habits.

Once the restroom is deemed free of potential attackers, I usually give $20 to someone nearby to alert me if someone is about to enter. If I hear the secret signal, I zip up, take cover and assess the next move based on the actions of the intruder. If I am in a stall then I deploy my BUG, as well. I shoot with both hands!

You can't be too careful! Anywhere, anytime!
    So, it costs you $20 every time you go to the bathroom? That can get expensive in a hurry.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Ugh, my skin is crawling just thinking about it. How bout we just agree to avoid public restrooms altogether. Yuk!
    ArmyJake likes this.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Interesting thread, honestly, I hadn't thought about it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

If someone gets closer than 21 ft to me while I'm using the urinal I simply turn and face the aggressor and use my command voice and firm hand signals to order them back.
    This has proven to be quite effective, even at crowded restrooms such as a baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    If someone gets closer than 21 ft to me while I'm using the urinal I simply turn and face the aggressor and use my command voice and firm hand signals to order them back.
    This has proven to be quite effective, even at crowded restrooms such as a baseball game.
    Well, that and the fact that you're peeing on their shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    I look for the last urinal farthest away from the door, if it's available. That way I can keep my peripheral vision on what is coming in.
    Ditto.

This happens all the time in HS bathrooms and gym lockers as well as in night clubs.
    It only takes getting got once to 'learn' what not to do.

Personally I don't make use of public restrooms if at all it can be avoided. Notable exceptions excluded.
    But if I do have to go my first choice will be to select a stall rather than urinal regardless of carry condition be it #1 or #2.
    If stalls are unavailable then I'll go to the urinal farthest away from the door and closest to a solid wall or stall wall.
    If no such option is available then I'll select the exact opposite being _closest_ to the door.

Highway rest stops to my mind are the most sketchy and nightclub bathrooms are the most rife with real hands on 'dancing'.
    To the latter if you have to go be sure to do so prior to an before last call which is when trouble seriously tends to brew.

I've seen it all in bathrooms from stabbings and folks being attacked with beer bottles to multi-man all out brawls and gang attacks many vs. one. As well as well, a bunch more stuff that had nothing to do with wiping or washing. I have by my own life experiences come to not trust public restrooms but again for a few exceptions.

Same as I've learned to avoid dark alleys day or night and to not mistake any and all strangers smiles for friendliness.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post

Once the restroom is deemed free of potential attackers, I usually give $20 to someone nearby to alert me if someone is about to enter. If I hear the secret signal, I zip up, take cover and assess the next move based on the actions of the intruder.
    you scout out bathrooms? and pay an "attendant" to alert you?
    I find this extremely hard to believe and if in fact true still hard to believe
    geeez, and people think I'm paranoid for having firearms and lots of ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    so if you're in the men's room at [insert store/eating establishment here] using urinal #3 and someone comes in the bathroom to use urinal #1 violating your 21ft perimeter you raise a palm up and tell them to step back in your best command voice?

I can see this isn't feasible on many levels
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

When I leave the fortress, whether it be to acquire game or a female, I insert a Foley Catheter and attatch it to a leg bag.

Now I don't need to worry.

Oh wait, I'm not Tactical Teddy. I just use a stall and put the gun on my waist in my underwear when I have to sit down. If I'm going to be there for some time I will take a magazine, and maybe a drink.

Biker

I try to keep my SA at a higher level when using the public facility. If I fell it's a "bad" area, I'll use the stall and keep my ears open.
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

VIP Member

Re: BikerRN

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    When I leave the fortress, whether it be to acquire game or a female, I insert a Foley Catheter and attatch it to a leg bag.

Now I don't need to worry.

Oh wait, I'm not Tactical Teddy. I just use a stall and put the gun on my waist in my underwear when I have to sit down. If I'm going to be there for some time I will take a magazine, and maybe a drink.

Biker
    Don't know if you were joking or serious. There is a disorder called paruresis, and those who suffer from it are unable to use public restrooms, or are successful using stalls only part of the time. Those who suffer from this disorder must sometimes either use clean intermittent catheterization or more rarely Foleys.

I have used both. But, paruresis is not a fear of public restrooms or of what others might do, say, or act out while in a public restroom. It is a phobic fear of not being able to void.

Paruresis is known to affect about 7% of the population, though only about 0.5 % have serious difficulties necessitating catheter use.

Nonetheless, it is a "spectrum" disorder, and it may mildly affect as many as 1/3 of the population.

Anyone needing more info is directed to: International Paruresis Association Home Page and
    Paruretic.Com

I'm quite surprised by the number of stall men here, and at least some of you might want to think about whether or not you have mild symptoms of paruresis.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links