The Official "Restroom Thread" - Page 6

The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hopyard, BikerRN was obviously being facetious. This whole thread has turned just plain silly for lack of a better word. It's right on the edge ...

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

1943 - 2009
    Hopyard, BikerRN was obviously being facetious. This whole thread has turned just plain silly for lack of a better word.

It's right on the edge of being closed, or maybe a better idea would be to move it to the Off Topic and Humor forum.

We'll see how it goes...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I use a stall and sit. Call me a pansy, but I'm facing the right direction, my pistol is at hand, and I don't pee on my boots.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member

re: AZ Husker

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I use a stall and sit. Call me a pansy, but I'm facing the right direction, my pistol is at hand, and I don't pee on my boots.
    Using a stall doesn't make anyone a pansy. It is about getting the job done. That's all. Whatever works. Whatever feels safe.

Seriously, a lot of stall men end up questioning their masculinity for no reason at all. You like stalls, use stalls. It is no one's business. It is no reflection on your gender identity. Doesn't make you a pansy or a girl.

Too many men needlessly agonize over stuff like this.

If someone feels that it is safer or more sanitary to use a stall, or they find it easier to void sitting, they should do what works for them and not concern themselves with what others might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade
    If someone gets closer than 21 ft to me while I'm using the urinal I simply turn and face the aggressor and use my command voice and firm hand signals to order them back.
    This has proven to be quite effective, even at crowded restrooms such as a baseball game.
    Well, that and the fact that you're peeing on their shoes...
    This gave me a good laugh.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    If someone gets closer than 21 ft to me while I'm using the urinal I simply turn and face the aggressor and use my command voice and firm hand signals to order them back.
    This has proven to be quite effective, even at crowded restrooms such as a baseball game.

The only way it might prove effective is if others fell back because they thought you were a looney.

YouTube - SPOT THE LOONEY

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    It all goes back to situational awareness.
    If I can't use peripheral vision, or can't use the reflections in glass covered pictures or certain chrome fixtures, I look for a stall with door.

I don't like people walking around behind me while I am otherwise preoccupied.

And, If the pooper peepers come by, my preoccupation with them will be peaked, causing me to pee on my pistol as I pull it for presentation.
    Top that Ret.

Far as i'm concerned, comedy central got nuthin' on this site

if ever i need a laugh, or something, you jokers can bring a smile to my face, pretty quick!!

I Love this place!
    WASHINGTON DID’NT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by vettester2 View Post
    I just go in the bathroom and take care of business.

If anyone wants to start something, I'll take care of that when it happens

10-4
    nuff said
    I'm guessing you've never been blindsided before!

Use the stall... You might live longer.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Well you guys definately have a certain advantage when it comes to number 1.
    I have a system worked out for all seated performances, the gun never comes out of my OWB holster the belt is always held firmly in one hand, the rest of the operation is conducted with the other hand.
    The challenge comes when you have to wriggle back into the clothing one handed, but it can be done.
    I do my best to conduct business before leaving the house, thank God for a strong bladder
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    This is why I just sit in the urinal; my back to the wall.
    Have personally seen this particular maneuver only once in my (much earlier) life. It was at a college bar, and the person performing it was a female. When you gots to go, I guess you gots to go.
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

I always use a stall that has a locking door. I don't like the idea that someone can walk up behind me, especially if i'm armed.

I have not used a urinal in a public restroom for many years. I wait for a stall.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Always restroom CCW in packs of 3
    post one CCWer at the door, the second CCWer with his back to the far wall, scanning the entrance and the window, if there is one. CCWer #3 uses the facilities.
    Rotate the tactical positions as needed for total team relief. wash up, high five each other and exit in the wedge formation.

or just go in and use the facilities as needed.
    Secret Spuk, bcvojak and Se7en.US like this.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I hate using urinals in public restrooms especially when they don't have the little walls between each one. I try my best to use the stalls.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If you think public restrooms are high risk, just use the stalls. You can even sit with your piece in your hand pointed at the door.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I just unzip my fly and pull it out, leaving my belt still fastened. If you are concealed, who is going to try to grab your gun, they shouldn't know you have one?
    CIBMike likes this.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Links