The Official "Restroom Thread"

This is a discussion on The Official "Restroom Thread" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation as your back is ...

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: The Official "Restroom Thread"

I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation as your back is turned away from the door, or what's behind you, not bragging hear, but your hands are taking care of business, and you're in a really precarious position with "it" hanging out. After analyzing this situations, I've started using stalls w/doors, locking them, and staying observant to anyone in the restroom or coming in.

I've thought of that too. One more reason I hate public restrooms.

A guy tried to ruff me up in a restroom once. I had a rival team jersey on....he ended up getting peed on and a during the shock of that, caught an elboe to the face all the while I was "hanging out". Was @ a baseball game in Houston.

Perhaps peepers will be pooping their pants if peeping into private and personal places and perhaps their pupils focus upon the front sights of a custom .45?

I'm just sayin'...

I seldom use public restrooms, but if it's a must, I try to get or wait for the handicapped stall, and my sidearm is in waiting. I am aware of who enters and leaves.

Stay armed...even when doing improtant 'paperwork'...stay safe!
    oakchas, mel5051, PatAz and 11 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    I look for the last urinal farthest away from the door, if it's available. That way I can keep my peripheral vision on what is coming in.
    hammer1270 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I just go in the bathroom and take care of business.

If anyone wants to start something, I'll take care of that when it happens
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I've always considered a public urinal to be a perfect place to get easily disarmed. You can't really see behind you, your hand(s) are probably in front of you, and it wouldn't be hard for someone to grab your weapon from you if they noticed somehow you were carrying (maybe an accidental print).
    hammer1270 likes this.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I try to keep aware of my surroundings and having more holding power with my left hand in case I need to use my right hand to draw.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I always take note of my surroundings before even going in a restroom and if I'm in a large venue, say a sporting event, I will wait for a stall and lock it while I'm doing my thing.

More importantly for me, since I can't be in there with her, I am concerned about my wife using the bathroom. I always stay right outside the door with an ear very closely attuned to the sound of her voice, should it rise.
    TomFromNowhere likes this.
    S&W 638 .38 :: Sig P229 :: Ruger MkIII :: VEPR K 5.45x39 AK-74 :: Mosin Nagant M44 :: Hi-Point 995 9mm (shoulder fired pistol)

I'm handicapped and I always use a stall,there have been several robberies and stabbings committed in restrooms
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Perhaps peepers will be pooping their pants if peeping into private and personal places and perhaps their pupils focus upon the front sights of a custom .45?

I'm just sayin'...

I seldom use public restrooms, but if it's a must, I try to get or wait for the handicapped stall, and my sidearm is in waiting. I am aware of who enters and leaves.

Stay armed...even when doing improtant 'paperwork'...stay safe!
    I would like to here you say that five time fast.

Restrooms are the perfect place to run into trouble. Usually one manner of egress, close quarters and everyone is preoccupied. Not to mention most people have some apprehension to using a public restroom to begin with.

Weather in a stall or not I am aware of everyone entering and leaving, as they say, I don't want to get caught with my pants down.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I just go in the bathroom and take care of business.

If anyone wants to start something, I'll take care of that when it happens
    Like Pgrass said, Sums it up well.
    Supraman762 and TJDN like this.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It all goes back to situational awareness.
    If I can't use peripheral vision, or can't use the reflections in glass covered pictures or certain chrome fixtures, I look for a stall with door.

I don't like people walking around behind me while I am otherwise preoccupied.

And, If the pooper peepers come by, my preoccupation with them will be peaked, causing me to pee on my pistol as I pull it for presentation.
    Top that Ret.
    Last edited by elkhunter; April 10th, 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Response to Ret
    FUZZ and Ksgunner like this.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Paranoid run amuck...nothing wrong with noting surroundings...but to use a stall because I'm afraid they are going to get me?? Don't think so.

Rick

I use a stall, and did long before I started carrying.

Another option would be to do what an older man did last year in Frisco, TX when he was assaulted in a bathroom. He beat the ever lovin' out of the knucklehead that tried to mug him, with his walking cane . I wish I could find the article and post it, I'll do that if I find it later.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links