Do you think bank employees should carry? - Page 3

Do you think bank employees should carry?

This is a discussion on Do you think bank employees should carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cryogenic76... I understand but, it's a shame we have so businesses that think unarmed security guards or no security are business as usuall. The bank ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cryogenic76... I understand but, it's a shame we have so businesses that think unarmed security guards or no security are business as usuall. The bank I worked at before carried somewhere between $200-250K on hand and had one off duty police officer, but not all the time. A BG could figure out the rotation and take advantage of it. The last bank robbery we had in Midwest City the BG fired three rounds off, not directly at people but think if he had. They had no security guard and were right across the street from the police station. We had a branch robbed at gunpoint on the Air Force base here and the robber made it off the base without getting caught. I guess what I'm trying to say is look at these instances where they could been caught so easy. Around christmas time at one of our malls three BG's were having a shootout in the mall. This mall had a County Sheriff sub staion in it. Didn't stop them. It was done and over before the Sheriff's knew it, they can"t be everywhere. We are to lacking in being security minded everywhere in the United States. As long as I keep it concealed no one would be any wiser.

Absolutely they should be able to get a permit and carry. I agree with other posts, why should some be allowed to have the right to legally possess a concealed weapon and others not just because of where they work? Unless, of course, company policy dictates it ain't cool.

It doesn't make sense to deny the right of self defense just because it's a bank. Why are they so special and the rest of the world isn't?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I am a bank employee and I feel that I should be able to carry....but I can't.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by TapRackBang View Post
    What's the difference in a teller carrying a firearm and a customer carrying a firearm.

In teaching CCW classes we stress when to just be a good witness and let the situation develop and resolve itself. That being said if things starting going really bad, the teller or the customer at least have a fighting chance.

It not about about having the firearm on you, its the logical, tactical and ethical use of the firearm in self defense of persons only (money not so much..unless it's mine, then kill them all and let god sort them out)

That last part was humor in case your a lib.
    Carrying a gun is about self-protection not saving the banks money. If someone is threating me with a paper bag and a note I would not pull a gun. I still want the right to defend myself as all the bank or any employer will do is send flowers to my funeral. They will protect their butts, not me. I have to do that myself.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Bank employees should not be stripped of their rights just because there is the risk of their bullets striking innocents. If this logic were used concerning CCW, no one would be allowed to carry.

VIP Member
    I would say they should be armed if they choose to be. We sit here and complain about employers who deny their employees the right to carry a weapon if they have their CWP. Doesn't make sense to me to complain about it on one had, then turn around and say bank employees shouldn't carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Absolutely they should be able to get a permit and carry. I agree with other posts, why should some be allowed to have the right to legally possess a concealed weapon and others not just because of where they work? Unless, of course, company policy dictates it ain't cool.

It doesn't make sense to deny the right of self defense just because it's a bank. Why are they so special and the rest of the world isn't?
    Exactly. If a couple robbers pulled a gun and got shot I have a feeling there would be very few robberies in areas that allowed clerks to carry after that.

Before any bank employee arms them selves they need to be able to shoot a gun accurately and have enough common sense to know when to shoot or not. A shoot out in a crowded bank could turn out to be a real tragedy especially if there are more then one bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Before any bank employee arms them selves they need to be able to shoot a gun accurately and have enough common sense to know when to shoot or not.
    Why bank employees and not regular CCW folks like me? All walks of life need to meet the SAME criteria for their state.

edit - I see that you were not saying the state should require that they shoot accurately. Still though, all CCW holders need to be able to shoot a gun accurately.

As in my earlier post, I do believe they should have reoccurring tactical training and only be allowed to use it it someone is in serious danger, not to save the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Before any bank employee arms them selves they need to be able to shoot a gun accurately and have enough common sense to know when to shoot or not. A shoot out in a crowded bank could turn out to be a real tragedy especially if there are more then one bad guy.
    How is that different than any other CC holder going to Burger King or WalMart? Doesn't matter who or where you are there are inherent risks to factor in. By your standards everyone who CC's should have to abide by the same criteria no matter where they carry.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

As someone who just got a job in the IT department of a Credit Union I plan on carrying, unless there is a company policy stating I can't.

This is a touchy question. I think they should be able to carry, but they need to know that security is not their job and they are not expected to secure anything but their own lives should the time come.

Doing this "should" alleviate any possible cross fire situations or mistaken targets.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Yup!

Not for the reasons you think though. I agree with everyone who says they could mess the sutuation up worse and to just let the money go. Yes, I agree.

I do believe it could be to their benefit when the Dog Day Afternoon stuff goes into effect though.

Im not saying it should be a matter of company policy but it should be allowed.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links