Got pulled over today. . .

This is a discussion on Got pulled over today. . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was on my was to workout and my daughter pulled my temp plates frm my back window. I was headed down the a main ...

I was on my was to workout and my daughter pulled my temp plates frm my back window. I was headed down the a main street and a cop did a U turn and turned on his lights. Thinking that it is stolen he called another one to back him up. Came to the car and I did my I am CCW and by the state of Ohio I have to let you know. Here is all of my info. I told him I knew why he pulled me over and handed him my info. Runs to his car by this time my daughter was saying how nice he was and tht he is a good guy and tht we dont touch his gun tht is for him to get bad guys.

He comes back as says um just out of curiosity what guns do you carry when you carry. I told him a Taurus 24/7 and Springfield XD .40. He looked and me and said really good pick. Gave me my stuff back and saud have a great day and take care of those kids. He also said thank you to me. So I would say tht was a great stop.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Wow. Outstanding stop if you ask me! Even commented on the EDC's too huh? I hope that when/if I'm driving through Ohio I get the same LEO--I'd give you both an A+ on this traffic stop.
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

He comes back as says um just out of curiosity what guns do you carry when you carry. I told him a Taurus 24/7 and Springfield XD .40. He looked and me and said really good pick.
    They always say the same thing to me when I tell them which Glock I'm carrying. Strange huh?

Good stop!
    BTW, thanks for the reminder. I gotta go out and put the renewal stickers on my license plates.
    (Think I'll go do that right now.)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Sounds like a good experience. Kinda hard to read at times though. Lots of type-os.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

He didn't unload your weapon, and store it in the trunk?

Nice chance to see that not all LEO over react...just a few!

Glad it was a good stop, like it's supposed to be...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

good leo stop

glad to hear the leo stop went good for ya. calm,coll and collected. just as
    retsupt99 mentoned, it was a good stop,like the way there supposed to be.
    very good on your part and very good on the officers part.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Sounds like a non painful experience. How old is the daughter? Sounds like you have her pointed in the right direction.

my daughter is 3 yrs old

tht is funny ram rod huh lol

sorr y bigdl86 i was kinda in a rush i was finishing up dinner. i wanted to get it in before the kids needed help with food.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Cause Cops are not afraid of the Law abiding firearms handler. It is the unlawful villains that are a threat.

My father was a cop and whenever he was told "I have a pistol permit" The first thing he would do was give them brownie points for letting him know. And in Alabama it wasn't the law to present that information same here in GA.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    They always say the same thing to me when I tell them which Glock I'm carrying. Strange huh?
    A good gun is a good gun is a good gun no? Even if it is a Glock. LOL

Yes, good stop IMO.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    No matter what the law may be in each state on disclosure I will always disclose.
    To me it is a matter of respect, something LEO's enjoy and don't get often enough.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I,v been pulled over twice and ticketed both times , the cops here in Fort Worth are so used to ccw that they dont even act curious anymore.
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Links