UT ccw permit pulled!

This is a discussion on UT ccw permit pulled! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The doorbell rings. The postman said I need to sign for a letter. It is from UT BCI. I said, well this does not look ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UT ccw permit pulled!

UT ccw permit pulled!

The doorbell rings. The postman said I need to sign for a letter. It is from UT BCI. I said, well this does not look good. I opened it. It said my permit was pulled since I had an arrest warrant out on me for the last month. WHAT?? I drove to the court house as fast as I could. Of course, their eyes glaze over when I say you have the wrong person. They hear it every day. They made a court appointment for me the next week. I want to clear my name. Long story short, the judge asks if I am so and so. I said no sir, my first name is spelled one letter different. There was silence. Do you live at such and such address and do you own this company? No sir. The judge dismissed charges and seemed upset at the prosecutor. The prosecutor pulled my info from my driver's license (my name was close enough I guess even if middle name and address were different). I asked him on the way out of court if this was on my BCI record forever and how do I get my permit back. I guess I wanted him to say I will call over there. No apology and his answer was I don't know. I went straight to BCI and they reinstated it then and there. Don't know if I have a record there now. I get calls about this deadbeat they wanted all the time. Today I get a call from a neighboring police dept about his son. I guess my question is, are there any lawyers here? How do I stop this madness??

2. Remove Ads

WOW.. That Suks,.. Bigtime.. Glad my name isn't common at all, and cannot image it getting mixed up with someone else,.. That is time spend wrong, and you get nothing other then problems from it,..

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    That sucks man. Glad you got your permit back though.

Change your name.

I can sympathize. My father had the same name as a local attorney, and dad used to get calls in the middle of the night from drunks who'd had accidents.

Good luck!
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Have you contacted Utah authorities to get your permit back?
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Have you contacted Utah authorities to get your permit back?
    Quote Originally Posted by ltc-usa View Post
    Snip.... I went straight to BCI and they reinstated it then and there.
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

Simular Problem

I'm not a lawyer. I had a simular problem with mistaken identiy. I contacted a lawyer and he advised me that he would send them a letter. It cost about 150.00 dollars for the letter. The lawyer can advise them with the letter that any further mistaken identiy will cost them some money. After they are notified and they cost you some more time and expenses you can taker them to court. You can charge them for your legal fees and any costs that you incurred from there mistaken identiy.

VIP Member
    Glad it worked out for you.

Shouldn't happen to a dog though!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Wow, that sucks...sorry for your hassle! I can imagine your immediate reaction...mine would have been the same. We had calls for the wrong person when I was growing up all the time...people calling for Dr. Colyer. My Dad is not a physician, but he was listed in the phone book as M.D. Colyer....M.D. was just his initials of his first and middle name! :)
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

mkh
    Glad you got your license back.

Have you ever considered turning bounty hunter, tracking this guy down and then turning him in?

Quote Originally Posted by ltc-usa View Post
    The doorbell rings. The postman said I need to sign for a letter. It is from UT BCI. I said, well this does not look good. I opened it. It said my permit was pulled since I had an arrest warrant out on me for the last month. WHAT?? I drove to the court house as fast as I could. Of course, their eyes glaze over when I say you have the wrong person. They hear it every day. They made a court appointment for me the next week. I want to clear my name. Long story short, the judge asks if I am so and so. I said no sir, my first name is spelled one letter different. There was silence. Do you live at such and such address and do you own this company? No sir. The judge dismissed charges and seemed upset at the prosecutor. The prosecutor pulled my info from my driver's license (my name was close enough I guess even if middle name and address were different). I asked him on the way out of court if this was on my BCI record forever and how do I get my permit back. I guess I wanted him to say I will call over there. No apology and his answer was I don't know. I went straight to BCI and they reinstated it then and there. Don't know if I have a record there now. I get calls about this deadbeat they wanted all the time. Today I get a call from a neighboring police dept about his son. I guess my question is, are there any lawyers here? How do I stop this madness??
    Sorry about your problem, too bad it can't cost the DA's office some money...if he's not willing to make things 'whole' again.

This is the kind of government intervention that is so frustrating. One has to prove himself innocent of charges brought about by the stroke of a pen...the DA should be able to reverse things in the same manner.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow, glad you got it straightened out. These things can and do happen.
    I got stopped for speeding once, five minutes later there were 10 cops surrounding me with weapons drawn, made me kneel down,cuffed me, the whole nine yards...big ole deal. I was freaking out, thinking that I was about to get framed for some craziness, I knew that whatever it was I was innocent. Similar thing, this guy had the same exact name and his SSN was darn close,we even looked a good bit alike. The officer who stopped me even showed me the guys info on the computer in his car. The guy was a seriously bad person, wanted for everything by everyone. I sure am glad that I'm not him.
    I have a name that is anything but common.

Thanks for the comments. Where is Dog the Bounty Hunter when you need him? I was very disappointed in our system for a week. I thought I should get an apology and he should call BCI. I have a very uncommon name. Most of you have rarely seen my last name and probably do not see my first name in a year. Funny thing, the bad guy's first name is mine minus one letter and the same last name living near me. Very strange. I was guilty and had to prove myself innocent.

I am glad you got your permit back. The whole situation is pretty crazy, and I can imagine how p!$$&d you must have been. Getting mixed up in something you are in no way a part of because of a mistake must be really annoying.

I would bet a bit of money that none of you have ever seen my last name, but the possibility of getting confused with someone else is always present.

You might try to file an ethics complaint with the state bar association. It won't get you anything but it could put a crimp in that SOB's lazy butt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links