TN res! Call your Senators!! - Page 2

TN res! Call your Senators!!

This is a discussion on TN res! Call your Senators!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, not only did they remove the curfew, but the Senate added in the ability to carry anywhere alcohol is served - even in establishments ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TN res! Call your Senators!!

Wow, not only did they remove the curfew, but the Senate added in the ability to carry anywhere alcohol is served - even in establishments classified as bars.

see...i might get flamed for this...but I dont like that. guns and alcohol do not mix. I liked that you couldnt drink while carrying. I wish'd they would of removed the curfew and left it alone.

Here is the website with the senate's amendment. It still doesn't allow for carry in bars. It says only restaurants and then proceeds to give a definition of a restaurant.

Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

OK drlove, here's your flame, but not a huge one. And just so you know, I don't drink at all and haven't stepped foot in a bar in 20 years, so it doesn't affect me either way. As long as we leave in the restriction against drinking while carrying, there isn't a problem. A citizen in a place where he is legally allowed to be (however unwise his presence may be) does not give up his constitutional right to protect himself and his loved ones.

This reminds me of the people who say guns should not be in schools. Who more needs our protection than the youngest and most innocent of our society? If you allow a restriction here and a restriction there, pretty soon you're living in Australia or England. We need to be opening up carry access, not narrowing it down.

Just my $0.02 - we can disagree and still be friends.

one step closer anyway yay! I dont know about you all but i believe this would be a huge step forward. I have several LEO friends that are very much for this bill.

str8shooter, I see your logic and I could go with it. That makes sense. I guess it's all how you look at it. And CC should be allowed in schools. I'm all for that. I am defenseless on my campus. We went on a lockdown last year. 20 min after the perp was on campus they told us to stay away from windows and let the police do their job

Here you can carry in a bar, unless it's posted. Just don't drink alcohol , as you cannot be under the influence and carrying. We had the same issue on the % of alcohol the business did over food, so that's the way they resolved it.

Some liberals were very upset by this, but in the whole time it's been the law, there has not been one incident as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by drlove View Post
    str8shooter, I see your logic and I could go with it. That makes sense. I guess it's all how you look at it. And CC should be allowed in schools. I'm all for that. I am defenseless on my campus. We went on a lockdown last year. 20 min after the perp was on campus they told us to stay away from windows and let the police do their job
    There's actually a bill that addresses that right now. They keep kicking it down the road in the senate judiciary committee. SB1129 allows for handgun permit holders to carry in public parks, public postsecondary institutions, and places that serve alcohol.

Bill Information for SB1129

Which school do you attend? UTK here

Hello neighbor!! Carson-Newman here!

Transferring to UTC!

Got some good friends at UTK, though.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSig View Post
    Transferring to UTC!

Got some good friends at UTK, though.
    How about that - I graduated from UTK (many years ago). I teach at Chattanooga State and we've been working with UTC on some mutually beneficial programs. Chatt State is what, 8 miles from UTC? Why we might have to meet and go shootin' somewhere. I belong to two ranges, an indoor and outdoor so when you get some time....I shoot almost every week.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links