Trip to Cabela's in WV - Page 2

Trip to Cabela's in WV

This is a discussion on Trip to Cabela's in WV within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SleepingZ Welcome to the DC forum. As you are a new member here, I hope you are open minded to members suggestions ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Welcome to the DC forum. As you are a new member here, I hope you are open minded to members suggestions and insight.

In you post, you stated that you went into BPS to buy a holster, so you knew in advance you may need to check the fit to your gun. The gun should have been unloaded, and cased prior to leaving you vehicle.

While CCWing you should never ever fiddle with the gun. It stays in the holster until a threatening situation would require you to deploy it.

Would you think it to be appropriate for a customer to bring in a 12ga. pump shotgun loaded, and while in the store unload it???

Now you also had to let a strange person handle you loaded CCW weapon not knowing their familiarity with you weapon, a ripe situation for a AD.

Glad to have you as a fellow member, and please leave the weapon always in the holster.

Z

Z, I am not only new to the forum but new to CCW. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I didn't really think of it that way until I just read it.

Thanks,
    MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Cabela's in WA is OC friendly. CC is fine too.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

You will love that Cabelas...it is huge and is a virtual wonderland. Their distribution center is there. Awesome place. You are not required to inform LEO...however I always just slide my permit out with my license. Makes it easier.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

You know, the Bass Pro thing bugged me a bit. I've been out and just popped into a store before only to find they had a holster I was interested in on clearance. It's happened a couple times in fact. I just politely asked the employee if they had a safe area they'd prefer me to unload the gun or how they'd like to proceed. Both stores offered me a side room and a safe direction, no problem.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

I live a few miles in between Cabelas in Dundee Mi and Bass Pro Shop in Rossford Oh. Cabela's post their policy on the door as you enter, BPS does not. I carry in both stores.
    Thunder9

DEMOCRACY is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
    LIBERTY is a well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by plblark View Post
    You know, the Bass Pro thing bugged me a bit. I've been out and just popped into a store before only to find they had a holster I was interested in on clearance. It's happened a couple times in fact. I just politely asked the employee if they had a safe area they'd prefer me to unload the gun or how they'd like to proceed. Both stores offered me a side room and a safe direction, no problem.

You know it might depend on the the employee or be a reflection of the management's feelings. The guy was nice enough and I assumed (I know, I know!) that since he was working the pistol counter he knew something about them. However, I will take Z's comments into consideration if I am ever in a similar situation.

Thanks,
    MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links