UT sheep..err students, rally against campus guns bill

This is a discussion on UT sheep..err students, rally against campus guns bill within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UT Students rally against campus guns bill in Austin - 4/16/09 - Houston News - abc13.com University of Texas AUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- If some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UT sheep..err students, rally against campus guns bill

Thumbs down UT sheep..err students, rally against campus guns bill

UT Students rally against campus guns bill in Austin - 4/16/09 - Houston News - abc13.com

University of Texas
    AUSTIN, TX (KTRK) -- If some state lawmakers have their way, students will be able to carry concealed handguns on Texas college campuses.

This is the second anniversary of the Virginia Tech massacre where a gunman went on a shooting rampage, killing 32 people on the college campus before taking his own life.

It's that tragedy that some say is why Texas should have this legislation, but hundreds of college students marched on Austin with a different argument.

Chanting anti-gun slogans, hundreds of University of Texas students walked out of class shortly before noon. They gathered at the steps of the state capitol hoping to send a message that they don't want guns on campus.
    I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

2. Remove Ads

I guess they are rallying for the right to be unarmed shooting victims.

That's fine with me if that is their choice, but they shouldn't have the right to make that decision for others. I'm guessing that students who are for concealed carry on campus won't FORCE everyone to carry a gun. Yet these protesting students want to FORCE all other students to be unarmed.

Sometimes I can't believe how stupid people can be.

Oh well, when the revolution comes, it'll be a moot point.

signed,
    grady, who is tired of all the same old stupid arguments for useless, ineffective gun control which only serves to disarm law-abiding people

As an Aggie.........I'm.......well........not surprised :)

KEEP AUSTIN STUPID!!

Their brilliance astounds me.

So, the girl who didn't see the gunman come in and was shot right away couldn't have stopped him if she had a gun.......but......what about the students who weren't shot right away, and who the gunman was not focused on.....

If someone took that VT idiot out before he was able to massacre all those students, I wonder what that genius would be saying now........
    Yep, I'm a Male Nurse.....Focker

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

These kids need a class in critical thinking.

Ma and Pa's tuition money going to waste..aren't you suppose to get smarter in college? Somebody's wasting their money.
    "Brains before Bullets"

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Ma and Pa's tuition money going to waste..aren't you suppose to get smarter in college? Somebody's wasting their money.
    When I worked for the government we used to get college interns that most full timers in my department fondly called College Educated Idiots. Book smarts but no common sense.
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

You know.... I'm at the point where I WANT the government to ban guns all together. Just so they will FINALLY see what it will do....

Chanting anti-gun slogans, hundreds of University of Texas students walked out of class shortly before noon.
    Hehe...what was that...1% of the student population? Maybe they should've had the protest so early

No Guns

Idiots, just herd them into the shooting pens, next time!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Don't feel bad. I've talked to a bunch my classmates here at Mizzou, who are just a bunch of sheep. They think that the people who are going to shoot up campus are going to conceal their weapon. They don't look at reality. I'm really hoping that we at least get our age changed. GL to you down there, hopefully we both gain something.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

As a Texas college student/ CHL holder I obviously support this bill. I guess those guys in Austin are really trying hard to reinforce the stereotype of the liberal Austin Hippie.

Partially Unrelated: I just found out that 5 of 9 members of the Texas Senate State affairs committee are listed as either an author or co-author of the bill. Seems getting the bills to an open vote will be a breeze.
    Kimber Pro Carry II
    SIG Sauer P229, 238, Mosquito
    Beretta 92FS
    Custom STI 1911
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

I think law abiding citizens should be able to carry on campus its not us who are going to start killing people because we failed a test,please. This was the same logic used by the antis in every state that has passed shall issues carry law,they said more people having guns would lead to bloodshed in the streets......well Florida has had ccw since what 1987? there you go law abiding gun owners aren't kiling each other over traffic accidents or parking spaces.

"Hundreds"? wow. just. wow.
    Anthony

Current EDC: Glock 23

Some enterprising person needs to make some tee shirts. a blacked out gun on the front with the red circle and slash through it. Then on the back, a nice target with "gun free target" underneath.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    That's fine with me if that is their choice, but they shouldn't have the right to make that decision for others. I'm guessing that students who are for concealed carry on campus won't FORCE everyone to carry a gun. Yet these protesting students want to FORCE all other students to be unarmed.
    and there in lies the key.

We banned smoking in public buildings so that those of us who chose not to smoke don't have to anyway. Smokers can still smoke. Non-smokers can be smoke free.

All we are asking is that the sheep let the sheep dogs do their job. Especially in CC environments, the sheep will never even know. If they are close enough to smell the Hoppes, then they likely already know I carry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links