Colorado CCW Processing -- Took the full 90 days but it's done!

This is a discussion on Colorado CCW Processing -- Took the full 90 days but it's done! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good evening, friends. Colorado, being a "shall issue" state, has seen its sheriffs' offices stuffed to the gills with Concealed Handgun Permit applications. I finally ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado CCW Processing -- Took the full 90 days but it's done!

Colorado CCW Processing -- Took the full 90 days but it's done!

Good evening, friends.

Colorado, being a "shall issue" state, has seen its sheriffs' offices stuffed to the gills with Concealed Handgun Permit applications. I finally received mine today, pretty much on day 90. Being in Boulder, I chose my first "walk" in a natural foods market and not the customary Wal-Mart. The Wally Walk will likely happen soon.

The person I worked with at the Sheriff's office told me that where they used to see around 10/week, they're getting 5-10 applications each day and are working hard to keep up with the applications still coming in (five months after Obama's ascension to the right hand of America).

Just wanted to provide an update to my Rocky Mountain brothers and sisters still waiting -- keep the faith. As long as we don't give them a reason to deny us they are legally obligated to grant our permits.

Now... I just need to get used to that extra lump of Glock under my belt.

Cheers!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! It took me 87 days to receive mine from Jeffco. I got mine in September of '08. Out of curiosity, because I work for one, which 'natural' foods store did you do your walk?
    III

Congrats!

And...

Aww, I was hoping mine wouldn't take the full 90 days. =( But since I am in Jeffco maybe I will get mine in 87 like you buzz! LoL. I'm all antsy waiting for it, however since I can't find the gun I want for carry for sale anyway I guess it can wait... but still I would carry my P22 if I got it. Never know when zombie squirrels will attack I guess. Whenever I get mine I hope to have my XD9 SC by then. And I have a whole list of stores to visit. Probably going to bring my camera and take pics and shoot some video. =p

If I get my CCW before I find the pistol I want I can always barrow one of my buddy's, he has like 10 different ones to choose from and he let me barrow one when I lived in a somewhat sketch apartment complex over in Saudi-Aurora.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

buzzgum, Thanks! It was Sunflower Market... right in the heart of Downtown Boulder. I don't normally visit Whole Foods -- I need to drop 30 pounds before I'll feel comfortable in there :-) Do you work a customer-facing job or corporate position? I'm wondering if you "spotted" me??

I was a bit nervous as I'd shifted the holster right to my 3:00 to sit better in the car and it made the grip print pretty hard. Not enough to get any attention, but my lovely wife pointed it out on the sly as I'd asked her to let me know if I'm printing or doing anything to draw attention to it. She knew where to look, so she could see the outline of the end of the grip. Otherwise, no worries -- it was a big "no" on the latter part. Lesson learned without incident.

I'm off to make my first Wally Walk. Have a few sundries on the shopping list I forgot about today. No better time than the present to get this first one out of the way. Fortunately, I open carry pretty often in the mountains and when I'm going to/from the gun club so I'm used to carrying a weapon.

The Glock 19 isn't the smallest thing out there, but it's pretty comfortable. No more feeling like a in wolf's clothing (and grizzly-bear weight!)

OMEGA, I know a guy who carries an 8-shot Smith & Wesson AirLite in .22 LR. Dang thing weighs next to nothing and something is better than nothing if you want to carry a weapon.

I'm not much for open carry in public unless I'm heading to or from an event or the range but you can bank on most of the "populated" counties taking the full period to process CCW. Thank GOD we live in a "shall-issue" state.

Cheers, and good luck! If you're still figuring out what to carry... try out as many as you can. Sounds like your buddy's arsenal is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA2669 View Post
    Congrats!

...Whenever I get mine I hope to have my XD9 SC by then...

... I lived in a somewhat sketch apartment complex over in Saudi-Aurora.
    the XD is a fine weapon. I have the XD-45 Service as my daily carry weapon.

Sorry to hear you live in Saudi-Aurora. My sympathies.
    III

Quote Originally Posted by bcbrown2 View Post
    buzzgum, Thanks! It was Sunflower Market... right in the heart of Downtown Boulder. I don't normally visit Whole Foods -- I need to drop 30 pounds before I'll feel comfortable in there :-) Do you work a customer-facing job or corporate position? I'm wondering if you "spotted" me??
    No, I didn't spot you. I work for corporate at a competing Natural Grocersery food store. *wink wink* south of Wheat Ridge. Don't worry about getting made, nobody pays attention anyway.
    III

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgum View Post
    No, I didn't spot you. I work for corporate at a competing Natural Grocersery food store. *wink wink* south of Wheat Ridge. Don't worry about getting made, nobody pays attention anyway.
    Yup... that's what my wife said, too... nobody even noticed.

x2 on the XD. My friend shoots an XD-45 and I've had more than a few chances to take it for a spin. I've had good luck with M&Ps (my wife shoots one for fun and in competition), Glocks, and SAs. I shoot a 1911 on occasion and love that platform as well. Full-size 1911s are a tad on the big side for concealed carry IMO...

Thanks for the warm welcome! Maybe we'll see each other out in the world and not even know it.

So, the sandal clad granola crunchers didn't know a thing, eh?

Congrats!

Carry on!
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

LoL. Yeah my buddy's arsenal is pretty arsenally. Lots to choose from.

And at brown. Yeah it really suxed living in Saudi-Aurora. In the apartment I lived in someone left the door propped open and some shady characters were on my floor knocking on everyone's door trying to sell us 'newspapers'. Well since our building had a 'no soliciting' sign on it and they obviously didn't belong. I asked them to leave... they told me I could go back in my room and **** myself... then I had to show them the business end of the 9mm my buddy let me barrow... they were a bit more cooperative about leaving after that. I don't see why you would be hostile toward a sailor in his dress blues who is just getting home from drill... lets piss off a military guy... thats a great idea!

I guess I don't look very threatening as I can pass for a 18 year old when I'm cleanly shaven. I actually got IDed at the gun store today that I go to every week. Was the manager who had been gone for awhile but I was still like... but I'm always here... asking for my ID cuz I look young... THATS PROFILING!!! And profiling is wrong... But no seriously I have no problem showing my ID. Makes me feel young, and I like to rub that in the older peoples faces.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    So, the sandal clad granola crunchers didn't know a thing, eh?

Congrats!

Carry on!
    You'd think that a city as paranoid as Boulder would be more observant...

Life sure does serve up sweet, sweet irony from time to time.

Congrats

Congrats and stay safe brother.

Mine should come through any day now, I filed application in Feb and am at 10 weeks now. :)

Congrats on the arrival of your permit! Be safe!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Congrats on the permit!

I found the 2008 stats on new CO permits to be interesting:
    RMGO Link
    Gotta love Sheriff Maketa here in El Paso County.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbrown2 View Post
    Being in Boulder, I chose my first "walk" in a natural foods market and not the customary Wal-Mart. The Wally Walk will likely happen soon.

The person I worked with at the Sheriff's office told me that where they used to see around 10/week, they're getting 5-10 applications each day and are working hard to keep up with the applications still coming in (five months after Obama's ascension to the right hand of America).
    Congrats and welcome.

I am surprised at what you posted as Boulder is one of the most liberal cities in America. I work remotely for a company that is headquartered in Boulder and I've had to travel there twice. Beautiful area but some weird liberal sheep.

If you are going to be a sheepdog then you have lots of sheep to watch over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links