Drug bust in OK, sorry to say one was my friend...

This is a discussion on Drug bust in OK, sorry to say one was my friend... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | OKC Firefighter, 9 Others Arrested in Steroid Bust So I'm guessing if he ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drug bust in OK, sorry to say one was my friend...

Drug bust in OK, sorry to say one was my friend...

News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | OKC Firefighter, 9 Others Arrested in Steroid Bust

So I'm guessing if he is convicted he will probably loose his CWL. When something like this happens, what happens do the police look for a CWL or is it cross referenced with his DL?
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

2. Remove Ads

The charges will likely go to a central record with all other relative information, CWL included. If it is on the disqualifications for permit holders, they will find out eventually and revoke it. May take a while though.

Don't feel too bad, every time they mention a drug bust on our local news I listen for my step-brother's name. He applied for a job recently and was angry when he found out they didn't want him after he failed two consecutive drug tests! It boggles the mind.
    Jack

Just never thought he would be one to do any drugs. This is someone I've known for 30 years, since I was 5. He's a doctor. After all the school, and getting his career started. On top of that he knows what it does to your body. My wife is always dissapointed in people because she expects too much out of people. I'm always telling her don't expect anything from them and you'll never be dissapointed. Just caught me off guard.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

If He's a doctor his CCW license is the least of his worries,he will probably lose his medical license,or have to jump thru a bunch of hoops to keep it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Nah ... he can always be a consulting physician for Social Security.

It's always tough to see those we care about do really stupid things (and ruin their life for no apparent reason). His immediate problems of loss of his livelihood and a potential incarceration are likely to be far more pressing then whether he will lose his license to carry.
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’

— Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Since the OSBI is involved in the case they knew before the warrant was ever issued he had a CWP. As someone else mentioned the loss of his CWP is the least of his worries. A conviction will probably lead to his state license to practice being pulled and possibly his AMA accreditation being pulled.
    Last edited by archer51; April 17th, 2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Hold on now, this bust is for steroids. What is the penalty for steroids in Oklahoma? My guess is it is not as bad as real street drugs like heroin, cocaine or methamphetamine.

As a doctor he should be able to afford a good lawyer & just maybe he can get his license back in 3 to 5 years. Was he busted for use or distribution?
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    Just never thought he would be one to do any drugs. This is someone I've known for 30 years, since I was 5. He's a doctor. After all the school, and getting his career started. On top of that he knows what it does to your body. My wife is always dissapointed in people because she expects too much out of people. I'm always telling her don't expect anything from them and you'll never be dissapointed. Just caught me off guard.
    Steriods are not cocaine, heroin, crack or meth! I personally dont use them, but I have no problems with others using them. It's not like you'll rob and steal to get a "fix". The whole steriod witch hunt is getting a little rediculous.

VIP Member
    Bacon makes an interesting point. Steroids ARE NOT NARCOTIC drugs. They are not hallucinogens. They are not stimulants. They are not mind altering drugs. You have to be sort of dumb to take them because they aren't good for your health, but that's about the extent of the problem.

This is stuff that should be decriminalized, dealt with by the folks who regulate the sporting leagues, and frankly is none of the business of any of the rest of us.

I know he has more problems than his CWL, I was trying to stay on topic. In the past posts your right it wasn't meth or anything like that. I haven't talked to him yet, I don't think he was distributing. I'm not saying he should get a slap on the wrist or anything, I just hope he doesn't loose his right to practice. I've never use any kind of illegal drugs, it's hard for me to imagine what he's going to have to go through.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    It says possession and distribution in the article. That's sad. I agree with the above sentiments: I don't do roids, but I don't have an issue with people who do them. What's the point? I'd be terrified if I found out my surgeon was high when I needed an operation, but I could care less if he was taking anbols to buff up a little.

I hope your friend gets his situation sorted out easily enough. It's a shame though, and you're right, it's a bit shocking and disappointing when it's someone you knew well and didn't expect.

Poor fella will problably be held and delt with like any other who is busted with or dealing with a controlled substance.

I do think it's pretty dumb to let peep smoke, get slobering drunk. Ride a moter bike without a helment, but can't take roids...those are illeagal...just cheesy. I agree with Ernie

Ya but a lot of Steroids end up in high school locker rooms,
    yound men will use them to get the advantage.
    Has your child taken steroids with out your knowledge??(possibly sold by this Dr.)

AND pay the physical and emotional price later.

A dealer is a dealer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links