Sitting draw - - Page 2

Sitting draw -

This is a discussion on Sitting draw - within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good points already made. Consider: Driving, and this "drawing from sitting". Now some right handed folks have found crossdraw not only more comfortable, also affords ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sitting draw -

sm
    Good points already made.

Consider:

Driving, and this "drawing from sitting". Now some right handed folks have found crossdraw not only more comfortable, also affords 1) easier to draw if being carjacked and 2) if approached from passenger side, CCW "may" not be thought of - instead driver messing with seat belt, door locks, window...

Other folks that sit a lot, including wheelchair bound folks find this to work better for them.

Just tossing this out...

Steve
    Use Enough Gun

When in the office my primary method of carry is pocket carry. I recently got a belt clip holster to use in the car. In the car the gun comes out of the pocket and into the belt clip in a cross-draw position. There is no way that sitting down in my bucket seats with seat belt on that I would be able to get at my pocket carry piece. When stopped at red lights it is easy to cover the grip with my hand and at condition yellow no perceived threat will get near the car without me being able to draw quickly.

QKShooter said, "I am "sold" on rehearsing the exact draw sequence in a slightly meditative state of mind."

This brings to mind how I learned the art of fly-fishing, specifically, the cast. With no one around to teach me, I started watching videos of the "masters." (Minor correction, there was one lesson from a local legend, in the parking lot of the store I bought my first fly rod.)

As I am prone to do, I watched these videos while in a "meditative" state, probably an Alpha state of consciousness. I cannot advise on how to go about that, but I can suggest a good book on the subject, Concentration and Meditation - A Manual of Mind Development, by Christmas Humphreys. I'm sure there are others, as well.

The short version of this is that it didn't take very long at all for me to learn to cast at a level quite beyond what most beginners achieve in such a short time.

This training method sounds very much like what Bryan S. Williams describes in his book, Welcome to the Real World, A Dangerous Place to be Caught Unprepared! He calls it "Neuro Linguistic Programing." Although he doesn't go too much into the subject, he does discribe this method, NLP, and tells us that it does indeed have a history and is effective as a learning tool in the field of firearms training.

Once in a while, what sounds like a Spooky, Left-Coast, Shirley McClain-oriented fad, will actually turn out to be a very real thing, with a good grounding in actual science.

Works for me, anyway.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Once in a while, what sounds like a Spooky, Left-Coast, Shirley McClain-oriented fad, will actually turn out to be a very real thing, with a good grounding in actual science.
    Ya know, I agree with mm.
    In learning anything, a slow accurate repetition will build a muscle memory that can then be built up for speed. That is how I teach my kids to play musical instruments, and with Chris’s advice, my own carry and draw technique.
    It doesn’t have to be spooky, but it is scientific.
    Itís so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

ďThe way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,Ē the Sheriff said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links