Documentary on History Channel - Page 2

Documentary on History Channel

This is a discussion on Documentary on History Channel within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD The key piece of info from Columbine was that Active Shooters need to be engaged as soon as possible. Active shooters ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Documentary on History Channel

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD View Post
    The key piece of info from Columbine was that Active Shooters need to be engaged as soon as possible.

Active shooters want to control the event from beginning to end, so as soon as their control appears to be ending, they kill themselves.

This is a point I make every time somebody talks about a gun-free, helpless victim zone. A CCW can force a premature end just by opening up. The situational expectation is broken.

The nut in Binghamton, NY, killed himself as soon as he heard the police sirens.
    Great point - I think I'll steal that for my own thanks
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by HKkid View Post
    Currently watching a documentary on History about the Columbine school shooting. To think that if one teacher had been allowed to carry while at work, they could have saved so many innocent lives. This is one reason that I am hoping for the Bill in Missouri Congress right now to legalize carry on public campuses, and lower the age to 21. Just thought I'd share, as we all know that this tragedy could have ended so much differently if people were just allowed their rights.
    yeah i watched it too, it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    An armed police officer engaged the two killers early on but retreated (per training and procedures) and waited for SWAT to arrive. 10 more died in the meantime. Any aggressive intervention early on would have significantly changed the outcome.
    yeah what thats what really pissed me off, that there were TONS of cops jsut sitting there waiting for some one to tell them what to do. total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by spydad View Post
    Actually, Columbine has changed that SOP. A buddy of mine who is the SWAT commander says procedures have changed. According to him, the first three responders on the scene enter and sweep the building for active shooters--no more waiting on SWAT. Also, locally, (and they did get some resistance from the school districts admin) they changed the drill for teachers. Now they have them open the window blinds so the snipers-if need be-can get a shot off. Our PD even used my church's education building to run some training drills last year. I'm glad I live where I do.
    thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD View Post
    The key piece of info from Columbine was that Active Shooters need to be engaged as soon as possible.

Active shooters want to control the event from beginning to end, so as soon as their control appears to be ending, they kill themselves.

This is a point I make every time somebody talks about a gun-free, helpless victim zone. A CCW can force a premature end just by opening up. The situational expectation is broken.

The nut in Binghamton, NY, killed himself as soon as he heard the police sirens.
    ever hear of suicide by cop? said shooter tries to take out as many police as he can before he gets rittled by bullets, but either way the thread is elimated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links