Documentary on History Channel

This is a discussion on Documentary on History Channel within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently watching a documentary on History about the Columbine school shooting. To think that if one teacher had been allowed to carry while at work, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Documentary on History Channel

Currently watching a documentary on History about the Columbine school shooting. To think that if one teacher had been allowed to carry while at work, they could have saved so many innocent lives. This is one reason that I am hoping for the Bill in Missouri Congress right now to legalize carry on public campuses, and lower the age to 21. Just thought I'd share, as we all know that this tragedy could have ended so much differently if people were just allowed their rights.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Ya,.. But what do they do,.. have a lay down for Gun Control,. . Yeah,. they just don't see it,. Just don't see it,. Just freakin amazing,.

Quote Originally Posted by HKkid View Post
    This is one reason that I am hoping for the Bill in Missouri Congress right now to legalize carry on public campuses ...
    ... and disallow vindictive firings at public educational institutions of faculty, staff or students who legally carry. Without that, it's a law without "teeth" that just ends up getting people expelled and/or without a career.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just thought I'd share, as we all know that this tragedy could have ended so much differently if people were just allowed their rights.
    Instead, the whole incident is blamed on the very tool which could have prevented it and on the same people who could have used that tool to save lives.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

The whole lay down and play dead thing is pretty Ironic, because that is exactly what unarmed people do when faced with danger.Why would we expect any different ,It's just a practice drill for what to do In case of the real thing.We train to stop the threat ,and they train to be victims
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The whole lay down and play dead thing is pretty Ironic, because that is exactly what unarmed people do when faced with danger.Why would we expect any different ,It's just a practice drill for what to do In case of the real thing.We train to stop the threat ,and they train to be victims
    Excellent observation!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Playing dead is hard thing to do, especially since you still have to breath. The attacker could stand there and watch your chest move up and down then proceed to plant a round into your skull, while everyone else in the room is actually dead. Regardless of what you do, if everyone around you has been disarmed due to "policy" you are all sitting ducks (or laying ducks). So as long as there are people who run on emotion instead of facts, there will be victim disarmament zones aka "gun free zones." We shall continue to fight for our rights though, no matter how hard the other side tries.

Edit: This is a general statement, not meant to be put towards anyone on this forum, because I know we all think alike.

This so called "Zero Tolerance" policy is also bogus.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    yesterday there were ceremonies in rememberence of Columbine and the 10yr aniversary of the shooting. Then on the same day across town we had the CU students lighting up and smoking pot on campus in protest of drug laws. If I were a parent, I'm sure I'd be proud.

No possession tickets issued during CU's 4/20 smokeout : CU News : ColoradoDaily.com Boulder, CO
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    yesterday there were ceremonies in rememberence of Columbine and the 10yr aniversary of the shooting. Then on the same day across town we had the CU students lighting up and smoking pot on campus in protest of drug laws. If I were a parent, I'm sure I'd be proud.

No possession tickets issued during CU's 4/20 smokeout : CU News : ColoradoDaily.com Boulder, CO
    Yeah tink, I saw those same newscasts too; sheesh

The Columbine shootings derailed Colorado's CCW & state standardization of gun laws for four years. When they finally revived it, (Colo was Republican back then) Republican Governor Bill Owens, who was facing reelection, told the legislature he wouldn't sign it unless they (the legislature) prohibited carry on public school property. Rather than have the entire thing vetoed, the legislature caved in.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

An armed police officer engaged the two killers early on but retreated (per training and procedures) and waited for SWAT to arrive. 10 more died in the meantime. Any aggressive intervention early on would have significantly changed the outcome.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Be nice if the MSM would tell people that the shootings were the backup plan after their bombs fizzled.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I've read a few articles concerning the newest book on Columbine, and some of the myths that have/are being debunked. While it's no surprise that all and sundry jumped to conclusions to "get the story out first" I'm glad that the truth is getting out. Now we just need to pressure the newsies to shorten that gap until what they report is, within reason (excluding hearsay and lying sources), the truth.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    An armed police officer engaged the two killers early on but retreated (per training and procedures) and waited for SWAT to arrive. 10 more died in the meantime. Any aggressive intervention early on would have significantly changed the outcome.
    Actually, Columbine has changed that SOP. A buddy of mine who is the SWAT commander says procedures have changed. According to him, the first three responders on the scene enter and sweep the building for active shooters--no more waiting on SWAT. Also, locally, (and they did get some resistance from the school districts admin) they changed the drill for teachers. Now they have them open the window blinds so the snipers-if need be-can get a shot off. Our PD even used my church's education building to run some training drills last year. I'm glad I live where I do.

Quote Originally Posted by spydad View Post
    Actually, Columbine has changed that SOP. A buddy of mine who is the SWAT commander says procedures have changed. According to him, the first three responders on the scene enter and sweep the building for active shooters--no more waiting on SWAT. Also, locally, (and they did get some resistance from the school districts admin) they changed the drill for teachers. Now they have them open the window blinds so the snipers-if need be-can get a shot off. Our PD even used my church's education building to run some training drills last year. I'm glad I live where I do.
    I'ts Been changed in a lot of agencies my brothers is the first officer on sene GOES IN TAKES OUT THREAT
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Columbine and Active Shooters

The key piece of info from Columbine was that Active Shooters need to be engaged as soon as possible.

Active shooters want to control the event from beginning to end, so as soon as their control appears to be ending, they kill themselves.

This is a point I make every time somebody talks about a gun-free, helpless victim zone. A CCW can force a premature end just by opening up. The situational expectation is broken.

The nut in Binghamton, NY, killed himself as soon as he heard the police sirens.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links