A good sign posted.

A good sign posted.

This is a discussion on A good sign posted. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a local gun shop in OKC today, I saw the sign that shood be posted on every business door in the United ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good sign posted.

A good sign posted.

I went to a local gun shop in OKC today, I saw the sign that shood be posted on every business door in the United States. It said something to this effect. "We of coarse welcome all law enforcement and CWL carriers to carry in our store, all others check in at the front register" When I go back I'll get the exact wording.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Thats awesome, one of the local stores here has one that says, something to the effect of "Carry welcomed and encouraged to law abiding citizens, all others..." I can remember the rest. I'll get it the next time I'm up there.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Hmm... interesting. One popular "black" gun store here in Colorado has a policy of not stopping you from carrying when you come in (open carry) you're likely to catch the hairy eyeball of the owner and his staff -- all of which carry a weapon openly. I'd imagine that as long as your CCW is secure and "C"ed there would be no problem... not that I'm willing to try it. I'm sure at least a few of the customers in there on a busy Saturday are carrying concealed.

Sorry for the spelling, I was typing fast.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

BJC
    That wouldn't by any chance be Outdoor America on MacArthur near 23rd would it? If so, I've seen that sign numerous times. I like to read it every time I go there - makes one feel welcomed.

That is really cool.
    Next time you go in ask them how they feel about OC.
    I would be interested in hearing what there response would be,
    of course only if OC is legal in that state.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i like that one we have a range in grand rapids Michigan called silver bullet and every worker there is strapping something there policy is for employees they have to open carry it
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

We have a LGS with a sign out front that says "Attention criminals, customers and staff are all most likely armed. Proceed at your own risk!"
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longbow View Post
    That is really cool.
    Next time you go in ask them how they feel about OC.
    I would be interested in hearing what there response would be,
    of course only if OC is legal in that state.

Unless something has changed recently, OC is not legal in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    We have a LGS with a sign out front that says "Attention criminals, customers and staff are all most likely armed. Proceed at your own risk!"
    Which one? I need to start giving them some business!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

To answer the post earlier yes it is Outdoor America in OKC. I like the post about requiring the employees to open carry. Although some people in this forum do not agree, check out my thread about requiring my real estate agents to carry.

My father works in a Gun store in Columbus that says something about CC being encouraged, but oddly employees are not allowed to carry. :|

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Which one? I need to start giving them some business!
    A&N in Sanford. Warning, the place is the local veterans social center on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Down right social place! More of an old country store than many in the country!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    A&N in Sanford. Warning, the place is the local veterans social center on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Down right social place! More of an old country store than many in the country!
    Thought it might be........ I stop by every now and then. I hadn't noticed the sign though!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Thought it might be........ I stop by every now and then. I hadn't noticed the sign though!
    Look to the right of the door about 3' high........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links