A Quick Survey - Page 2

A Quick Survey

This is a discussion on A Quick Survey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wrecked a motorcycle back in the mid 80ís and I had a pistol in my back pocket at the time. I was semi conscious ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Survey

I wrecked a motorcycle back in the mid 80ís and I had a pistol in my back pocket at the time. I was semi conscious when the paramedics arrived, but the fact I was armed was the last thing on my mind. I just made them aware I had a back injury and then I donít recall anything until the emergency room, doctor asking me a few questions.

Two days later I woke up in ICU, and about a day or two later, a nice deputy visited, with a form for me to sign. It seems the emergency room found the pistol when they took my pants off, and called the Sheriffís department to come deal with it.

The polite Deputy said he took it downtown, and said when I was up to it; I could pick my pistol up anytime I like, and gave me a receipt for it.

OH, ya the forum he wanted me to sign was a ticket for careless driving. I beat that charge in court, I swerved to miss an oncoming car, was the reason I wrecked, not carelessness. The deputy was very polite in court and even apologies stating he did not know all the facts, just that the wreck area looked as if I was carless, and his supervisor told him to right a careless ticket.

Anyway back to your question, I donít see any reason for a CCL bracelet

I too applaud your efforts but I don't see a need for a bracelet.
    NRA life member.

VIP Member
    They will probley look in Your wallet to find out who You are and to call Family or next of kin. They will probley see Your permit/LTC.
    Good idea maybe the BG will pick up on it as well.

VIP Member
    I would not wear anything that could even remotely give me up.....Not a chance.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, Not a good idea.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by ncglock View Post
    I am well aware of the status of the sticker, I choose to not put one on my car. The point I was making was, the sticker signifies that potentially someone in the car is carrying and in my opinion I don't like that attention. When I was in CA, before the sticker we would use a licence plate bracket, It would signify to other LE that we were "part of the family" The day I took that license plate bracket off was the day that a second strike 290 walked up to car and asked how long I had been a LE.
    Gotcha, I see your point now it's a valid arguement, but not all are carrying. Just like anything else I guess. I didn't put an NRA sticker on my car for that same reason so I'm with ya.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Would you be willing to wear a bracelet or pendent indicating that you are carrying a concealed firearm.
    My being upstanding and specifically not engaging in criminal or violent behavior should be enough of a sign.

My wearing green (vs blue) on a given day doesn't inherently benefit me. My wearing any indication other than my firearm that I'm carrying a firearm doesn't inherently benefit me. What's the point, again?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I can see your thinking, but wouldn't wear one myself for much the same reasons others have mentioned.
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

With your drive and ambition you are gonna come up with something that people will want and will make you some money, unfortunately, this idea probably isn't the one. Gotta admire your ambition though, defintely keep it going.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

I pretty much agree with everyone here. People will come to recognize the bracelet and everyone will know.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTMO View Post
    Let me weigh in on this. As a former paramedic and now as the Director of one of the largest and busiest Emergency Departments in the region.

1 - You don't want to wear a bracelet or anything that would denote that you are carrying. Remember that if you are unconscious the first people to get to you will NOT be your rescuer. I can tell you story upon story of stolen wallets while pilfering of vehicles that occurred prior to EMS and/or LEO arriving on the scene and you don't want to give an indication to look for your weapon.
    You bring up a good point.

Since we seem to always be carrying someone in your family or friends probably already knows that. It would be advisable to inform them that if you are ever involved in an accident that they should check on your weapon or alert the police if one isn't found.

YOU don't want your gut to just disappear into some BG's possession with out reporting it.

Being a former LEO and having seen some of the weird actions done by people in insulin shock, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that insulin dependent diabetics should not have CCW permits. They are not allowed to have commercial driving licenses for the same reason.

I wouldn't wear that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Sorry - wouldn't but it.

No...I just don't see it working.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links