A Quick Survey

This is a discussion on A Quick Survey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Little tin (FOP) on license plate does wonders NO bracellet...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Quick Survey

Little tin (FOP) on license plate does wonders NO bracellet
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

2. Remove Ads

In KS we have the option of having the CCW endorsement on our license, or having a separate CCW identification. I'm getting a separate identification because I don't want anyone else to know I am carrying. I think the bracelet would just evolve into an easy identification system.

Certainly not! I understand your idea, but I do not want to advertise that I am carrying. My weapon would be secured on me anyway, and the medical personel would eventually find it.

newbie here! I too applaud your entreprenuerial spirit! as many others have mentioned I think there are a bunch of issues and not a clear market need. however, if this is something you really want you can easily notify responders with WELLALARM.com. its a relatively a new emergency alert system that my doctor recommended a few months back to me (that by the way if you have a medical condition, allergy, or young child is AMAZING - infinitely better than a medical alert bracelet and has actually worked for me in an emergency)
    Basically its is the next gen. medical alert bracelet (or they have tons of other products like cell phone stickers etc) - in an emergency responders or med. profs call an 800 number or go to a mobile url (all found on your wellalarm product - i have a bracelet and a cell phone sticker) and they receive (either by phone, on the computer or by text all of your vital information including medications, dosages, allergies, where you keep your epi-pen (if applicable), doc info, emergency contact info and more - and the system even texts your emergency contact and lets them know there is an emergency) - you could easily add the info about your CCW status to this info.

Wouldn't the CCW badge on my belt inform an EMS team of my firearm?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OP...
    I'll just let the EMS team worry about my firearm...they will know what to do...not my problem. If I'm in the back of an ambulance, I have bigger fish to fry then worrying about my pistola.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for all your input on this idea I had the other day. I suppose that your CCW permit does the same thing as a CCW pendent or bracelet. While first responders are going through our wallets they will find the permit. It will accomplish the same thing.

Again, thanks to all of you who responded to my quick survey! My eyes have been opened to the general attitude on this subject. It fits into the category of CCW badges. lol
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I thought of a neon flashing CCW Carrier sign. No way.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

The wrist band/pendant idea is a much better thought than those CCP badges.
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

I am the Gray Man: No bracelets, no badges and no stickers!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I suppose that your CCW permit does the same thing as a CCW pendent or bracelet.
    Reality is, our upstanding actions set us apart. We're not engaging in criminal activity nor behaving the criminal. That really should be enough.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I have never been in any EMS class where Medic Alert bracelets were even mentioned, although there was a brief mention in a few texts. It's not part of any practical exam check sheet. Very few patient are completely unconscious and unable to tell me what I need to know. We are trained to determine what is wrong with our patients through diagnostic means. In over 25 years in EMS I can recall maybe 2 times when we noticed a Medic Alert, but even then we already knew what was on it. I don't routinely look for them and neither do the vast majority of EMS providers.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

My CCW identifier is the gun its self.
    They will recognize it when they see it.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I'm thinking of creating a bracelet or pendent that can be worn by CCW permitees. It's something that fills a need for CCW permitees. This will also assist medical first responders in the event of a medical emergency.

Well, what do you think?
    I have to take blood thinners and am supposed to wear one of the medical bracelets. I don't like the looks of the normal ones, so I bought a "cool" looking one that was made of cloth and nylon instead of the shinny metal ones. I then asked a firefighter in my church what he thought of the bracelet and he said it wouldn't help me. Because it looked so "normal" he wouldn't have thought to look at it for medical information.

So, your idea would need to look like a medical bracelet if useful and most people I know wouldn't want to wear one if they didn't have to.

I would say the idea is a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    My CCW identifier is the gun its self.
    They will recognize it when they see it.

I saw a guy in Miami get hit while crossing the street. He was thrown to the sidewalk about ten feet away. The minute he hit the concrete a BG was at his side ripping off his jewelry and his wallet. If he had a pendent or bracelet indicating that he was CCW then the jewelry and the gun would also be gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links