A Quick Survey

A Quick Survey

This is a discussion on A Quick Survey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need to ask you for your opinions on a possible new item that just occurred to me that was much needed. Here goes! I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Survey

A Quick Survey

I need to ask you for your opinions on a possible new item that just occurred to me that was much needed. Here goes!

I have a friend who's a diabetic. He wears a Medic alert bracelet notifying medical first responders that he is a diabetic. I'm sure some of us know people who wear these types of items. My idea for a new product is along this line.

Would you be willing to wear a bracelet or pendent indicating that you are carrying a concealed firearm. The scenario is as follows.

In the event you somehow were rendered unconscious would you want "first responders" such as paramedics to know you are carrying a concealed firearm. This could be the result of a car accident, etc. Would you want a first responder to know that you are carrying a concealed firearm so they could locate it and secure it for you?

I'm thinking of creating a bracelet or pendent that can be worn by CCW permitees. It's something that fills a need for CCW permitees. This will also assist medical first responders in the event of a medical emergency.

Well, what do you think?
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I fail to see the benefit in wearing anything of the sort. First responders are probably going to find it anyway at which point, they'll probably call the cops or hospital security or whomever (which is, I'd imagine, the same thing they'd do if you had some sort of bracelet/necklace).

like I said...I just don't think it's necessary.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I fail to see the benefit in wearing anything of the sort. First responders are probably going to find it anyway at which point, they'll probably call the cops or hospital security or whomever (which is, I'd imagine, the same thing they'd do if you had some sort of bracelet/necklace).

like I said...I just don't think it's necessary.
    Me too.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Nope, not a chance.

There's a reason it's called CONCEALED CARRY. The element if surprise is something I count on should I be confronted by someone intent on doing me or my family harm.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Keep in mind that this would only be available to someone who were "up close & personal" in the event you had been involved in some type of accident.

If you could not speak for yourself and were injured would this type jewelery work for you?

The bracelet/pendent would not be readily visible to anyone other than an a emergency responder. It would be as unrecognizable as a diabetics jewelery.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Keep in mind that this would only be available to someone who were "up close & personal" in the event you had been involved in some type of accident.

If you could not speak for yourself and were injured would this type jewelery work for you?

The bracelet/pendent would not be readily visible to anyone other than an a emergency responder. It would be as unrecognizable as a diabetics jewelery.
    If that's the case, they will find the gun LONG before they find any jewelery
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Let me weigh in on this. As a former paramedic and now as the Director of one of the largest and busiest Emergency Departments in the region.

1 - You don't want to wear a bracelet or anything that would denote that you are carrying. Remember that if you are unconscious the first people to get to you will NOT be your rescuer. I can tell you story upon story of stolen wallets while pilfering of vehicles that occurred prior to EMS and/or LEO arriving on the scene and you don't want to give an indication to look for your weapon.
    2 - Don't assume that your weapon will be found. I have had many more than 1 person brought into the Emergency Department through the years that I was the one who removed their weapon. EMS and/or the police didn't even see it. Of course being a 2A advocate I don't freak as others do and I am very respectful of your weapon which I will safe and zip tie for you then place in the hospital safe for retrieval later.
    3 - There a significant number of people in hospitals and Emergency Departments that do NOT understand carry and would go ape if they found a bracelet that said you were carrying. They would then call every LEO in the state as they would be sure you were a criminal.

Just my thoughts as an insider on this.
    The best preventative medicine is superior fire power.

Preposterous.

No way, no how!
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit, I personally don't want a anything to signal my CCW status but then again I also don't understand why LE would put a blue and black sticker on the back of their car. I actually honed the art of looking for concealed weapons by seeing a blue and black sticker at a gas station, waiting for the driver to get out and then watching. Like I said I think your way of thinking is great... keep coming with the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ncglock View Post
    I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit, I personally don't want a anything to signal my CCW status but then again I also don't understand why LE would put a blue and black sticker on the back of their car. I actually honed the art of looking for concealed weapons by seeing a blue and black sticker at a gas station, waiting for the driver to get out and then watching. Like I said I think your way of thinking is great... keep coming with the ideas.
    The thin blue line represent that they are LE or family of LE, it has nothing to do with CC or OC. The thin blue line is a honor thing for LE that you apparently are not aware of, then again I am not sure many people are. Also Firefighters have the red line.
    The sheepdog is both blessed and cursed with the capacity for violence, and a profound love for the flock. This is what makes the warrior different from the wolf.
    -Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by ncglock View Post
    What is this blue and black sticker?

I do not think the bracelet idea would fly. I do like your entrepreneurial
    thoughts though.
    oldogy

question answered by Protect All
    Last edited by oldogy; April 22nd, 2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: question answered
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    What is this blue and black sticker?

I do not think the bracelet idea would fly. I do like your entrepreneurial
    thoughts though.
    oldogy

question answered by Protect All
    A thin blue line!
    Attached Images
    -Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by Protect_All View Post
    A thin blue line!
    I see that "thin blue line" decal as another form of the "I Support the State Police/Sheriff/LEOs" stickers.

It's code for "please ignore that number on your radar...."

Quote Originally Posted by Protect_All View Post
    The thin blue line represent that they are LE or family of LE, it has nothing to do with CC or OC. The thin blue line is a honor thing for LE that you apparently are not aware of, then again I am not sure many people are. Also Firefighters have the red line.
    I am well aware of the status of the sticker, I choose to not put one on my car. The point I was making was, the sticker signifies that potentially someone in the car is carrying and in my opinion I don't like that attention. When I was in CA, before the sticker we would use a licence plate bracket, It would signify to other LE that we were "part of the family" The day I took that license plate bracket off was the day that a second strike 290 walked up to car and asked how long I had been a LE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links